Worcester, Massachusetts
1.5K views

IM DONE WITH THIS BANK!!!!

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years and my story is the true definition of HORROR!!! First off my account was cleaned out in December 2011 by someone who managed to steal my check book. After filing numerous complaints, and affidavits, and having spent the only money I had faxing the signed affidavit back to them, they denied my request to refund me my money claiming I was negligent. As a result I have not been able to pay rent for months now and face eviction!!

IT GETS WORSE!!! As a last resort I begged a family member to wire transfer me some money under the assumption my account was still open for I NEVER received notice that it would be closed. After the wire transfer was sent, I called Wells Fargo customer service to see how long the transfer would take and they rudely informed me that I would not be receiving the transfer for they had closed my account. This was done with absolutely NO prior warning either by mail, email or phone. Furthermore to open a new account so as to receive the transfer, I was told I must first pay them for an overdraft incurred when the money was first stolen!!!! Despite the rude agent, I kindly requested if they could open an account with the negative balance and once the transfer was sent again the overdraft would be taken care of. The agent rudely said "NO WAY" this was possible and I would first have to pay the overdraft. Keep in mind that ALL my money and savings had been stolen!! I have never been more furious in my entire life!!! Not only do I now face eviction, I have had no money for months thus NO FOOD! I have had to rely on food banks for meals!

I am DONE being a Wells Fargo customer and have advised all my family members (20 in all) who have Wells Fargo accounts to close their accounts and move to other banks. My advice to anyone reading this, DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Wells Fargo! You could loose EVERYTHING!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Money Transfer.

Comments

#1192322

You will get your identity stolen and they won't care vystar is a great bank

#1192320

Yes wells Fargo is a *** bank don't trust them

Wells Fargo should go out of business. They are ruthless arrogant rude and unfair!

I despise them! If you use them you'll be burnt!

Along with millions of others they have burnt. Can't wait for the day they are shut down!!!!!

People in the U.S. are lucky to have this kind site.

I am so sorry for many people in the U.S. that they had to deal with the bank like Wells Fargo.

We all have to stay away from the bank like Wells Fargo. That's to help the world better place to live.

I *** HATE Wells Fargo! I've only been with them a month.

Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

I'm taking all of my money out Monday and getting as far away as possible. I am furious!

I have had a nightmare for ten years,I have had late payments whn I have never been late. This bank is the worst, hey offered a forbearance and went up on m house payment , isnt this againest th law, when dose the law protect the littl man

This pathetic bank do not think about the customer or human relation. All they care is profit.

Wells Fargo carry my mortgage and I pay through my bill Online with CHASE Bill pay. On one occasion, the check payment got lost and CHASE had to re-sent the payment, WF Bank charged me a late fee and reported the late payment to all three credit reporting agency. I called and wrote to WF Bank, and sent them the proof from CHASE that the payment was sent on-time but was never cashed on WF's end, but WF told be to bad. There's nothing they can do.

They even wrote a letter explaining to me that, it was my fault. What a bunch of heartless, despicable scums at WF Bank.

I agree with you 100%. Worst bank ever.

I tried all day yesterday to wire money to my son in az. From morning to 8 at night.

The first transaction was blocked so we did the process again. Az has a law that u cannot wire more than four hundred in a 24 hr period. So we used different family members to do the transactions to no avail. One even ended up in conneticut!

So finally at 9 pm my son called customer service, AGAIN, and they said Western Union was down for maintenance! Wow!

There went our day off! :(

Wells Fargo is a joke ! Along with Bank Of America.

Agree! Wells Fartgo is the WORST BANK EVER!

Should have known when I started seeing them pop up in grocery stores and closing independent branches they were going the wrong direction!

I will never do business with them again and tell everyone I know the same thing. I was a credit customer for 30 years, then treated like *** from this truly *** bank! Never ever do business with them.

You've been warned!

AGREE WITH YOU 100% that Wells fargo is the worst bank ever... they charge you unnecessary fees...

and when you try closing your account with them ....

they dare tell you to call the next day ....

The worst experience with any bank I have ever had is with Wells Fargo. Most banks charge a late payment fee and let it go at that, but Wells Fargo calls and harasses you. And its not even my loan.

I think I could bank with a drug dealer and get better treatment.

Wells Fargo worse bank ever, don't waste ur time, u r better off. they feed off their customers, they are rude, they are a bunch of money hungry people. if u have money to give around, bank with wells Fargo, they will make sure that u have nothing left.

My husband and I went to the bank to close our accounts, which they said they couldn't do until 1 Sep, which was the next day. They then told us how much money we could take out and would close the account on 1 Sep.

They did not and so a bill came in that should have been turned back. They paid it and then charged us $35.00, which was more than the bill.

They said they would return half the fee. We are not paying them anything.

Think you have it bad. I moved from California to Oregon, had been banking with WellsFargo for 8 previous years.

A banker at Wellsfargo recommended i update my account to an Oregon (Eugene Oregon)account from an California account, insisting i would get better banking. So i listened, and for the first month and a half they put anywhere from a 2 to 9 day hold on every single deposit my wife and i made. Every check i wrote bounced. My landlord almost through me out of my house.

Loads of overdrawn fees and bounced check fees from wellsfargo, lets not forget my landlord, cable, internet, water, and gas late fees and bounced check fees.

and wells fargo wouldn't even help me. In fact the guy just pointed out how much money on average i have in account.(which isn't much as i am a full time student) and pretty much made me feel because i was poor my account doesnt matter.

@brian

They even wrote a letter explaining to me that, it was my fault.

What a bunch of heartless, despicable scums at WF Bank.

Wells fargo lies, fabricates numbers, and all out lies. I can prove it. This bank should not have gotten my bailout taxes.

Wells Fargo is the worst bank I spent 1 hour to chash a check they have to call the headquter for a provel all this vise becuse I don't have an accound with them

jear1106

I sympathize with you. They drained all my accounts and I was forced to seek government assistance for rent and utilities.

I am a US service member in a military town.

I went in to the main branch in uniform and was basically told to F off by the branch manager. I have been a customer for 16 years and my wife just lost her job, but these thieves don't care.