I have been receiving calls from Wells Fargo for someone who has not had my phone number in over Six years.I have repeatedly told them that this is not her number, that I do not know her, and that they should stop calling, but they persist.

I tried calling Wells Fargo and was transferred three different times, then given a different phone number to call.

I called the number and was told to call back at a time when I am at work.I am sick and tired of being harassed by *** phone calls for people who haven't had my number for so long.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your commentaries.

I’ve been visiting your blog for a while now and I always find a gem in your new posts. Thanks for sharing.

The do not call list is a great idea, but it doesn't always work.If Wells Fargo incorrectly has you on their list as a former customer, they have the right to continue to call.

I have the exact same situation with a different company. No matter what I try, they still call. I have finally told them that the person they are calling has passed away, no forwarding address. The number is the same because the husband has remarried.

Another trick ... when they call, ask for their name and number as if you are taking a message. Then when you have it, you do have the indentifying information necessary to bounce it right back to them. The person whose name you have will be more likely to actually add you to THEIR do not call list if you can identify them.

I also tried this.The combination of the two have drastically reduced my interruptions.

you can add them to your "do not call list" Federal and state, If you go to the do not call web site there are instructions. If they continue you can press charges and collect $$$