Mount Shasta, California
Additional Fees

On June 1, 2016, I received an insurance check to repair the flooring in my dining room/kitchen/ breakfast nook after a minor water issue. The check was issued to both WELLS FARGO and myself. After 12 or so phone calls to WELLS FARGO and multiple conflicting answers regarding the process of funding the repair, I was finally directed to the Wells Fargo insurance claim department. The first representative I spoke with could barely form a proper sentence and was reading from a script, one that did not pertain to my situation. She would not answer my questions and was extremely rude. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told one was not available. She stated my phone call would be returned in 2-3 business days. I asked her to fax the paperwork explaining the process and she stated it would take 5-7 business days (to FAX?). I then asked to speak to a different representative and she said that was not possible and I would have to call back to get a different rep. I called back 3 times and received her again the first two then finally got through to an alternate rep. Though the new rep was much more professional, she proceeded to read from the same script. When I stopped her to state it did not pertain to my situation, she would pause long enough to listen to my question, and then proceed with her script. Once again, I asked to speak to a supervisor and again was told one was not available (hmmmmm…). This time I was told I would receive a call back by the end of business that day (by now it was 9:15am on a Friday). I again asked for the paperwork to be faxed and she stated she would fax it then. By the end of the day, no phone call or fax had been received.

The script states that the job needs to be inspected by WELLS FARGO at 50% completion, 90% completion and at completion. Each subsequent inspection needs to be scheduled after the sign off of the previous inspection. Each scheduled inspection needs to be scheduled 7-10 business days in advance. While this may make sense on a large job requiring a contractor and inspections, it does not in my situation. The flooring company has estimated the job to take 3-4 hours to complete. That would mean, at 50% completion (2 hrs into the job) an inspection would need to be scheduled. Wait 7-10 business days for the inspection and signed off. At 90% completion (approx. and hour and a half later) schedule another inspection and wait another 7-10 business days for inspection/sign off. Then complete the project (another 30 minutes give or take) and schedule yet another inspection/sign off. That would mean it would take 21-30 days to complete a simple, non-construction, 3-4 hour repair. They also will not release any of the funds provided by my insurance company for the claim. They will not even release the amount needed to cover the supplies to start the job.

Since I cannot get any information from WELLS FARGO, I have spent the day interacting on many different forums/blogs trying to get information and/or suggestions from consumers who have encountered the same issues with WELLS FARGO. The numbers are astounding and the scenarios are both discouraging and infuriating.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: holding my insurance claim check hostage so that the repairs cannot be done.

Preferred solution: provide access to insurance funds to make the repair.

Wells Fargo Cons: How they believe that ppl dont watch their account balances, Rude representatives, Customer service.

Comments