Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Jun 16

New information. The following day, I accompanied my Granddaughter to Wells Fargo.

She had decided to close her account. The bank staff was hostile when we entered, but agreed to remove the fee they'd imposed that overdrew my Granddaughters account, close the account, and give her whatever balance there was. A teller, Xenia Del Cid, sat us down at a desk. Because of the treatment I'd experienced the prior day, I decided to record what was going on with my cell phone.

The teller was taking with my Granddaughter, typing on her keyboard, and suddenly asked if I was recording. I told her I was. She got flustered and told me the bank's policy is no recording. She also called out to the manager, Becky, and asked if she should call the police.

Keep in mind that they bank had security camera that were also recording us, and there were no signs posted saying anything about a no video policy. Oh, and the vault door was wide open! They called the police...and two policemen arrived. When they saw why they'd been called, they snickered.

They were polite and respectful. They allowed me to explain why I felt it necessary to video, and even knew that their voices were on my video.

In the end, I decided to comply with their request to turn off the video...but I have about 6 minutes which clearly demonstrate the hostile behavior we experienced in this so called bank. The good news is that they did remove the fee, close the account, and give my Granddaughter the balance.

Original review posted by user Jun 13

I always say to my clients, "If I don't provide what you need when you need it, then why do you need me?"

I just wasted 3/4 of an hour of my time attempting to deposit $40 in cash into my Granddaughters checking account at Wells Fargo Bank.

They refused to accept the deposit, because they don't accept legal tender from the federal government. Period.

Wells Fargo holds the mortgage on my home. I have over 60% equity, and I called them looking for a Home Equity Line of Credit for a small fraction of the equity I have in the home. They hemmed, and they hawed, and didn't get back to me, then told me something about a problem with my "mortgage profile," whatever that is.

I've had my mortgage with Wells Fargo for years. I've consistently paid on time. They send the bills addressed correctly. And they alleged that my wife's name appears twice on their "mortgage profile" with different addresses. We've lived at our current address since May of 2000.

I easily qualified for the HELOC with a local credit union...no muss, no fuss. But Wells Fargo, with whom I've been doing business for years, didn't help.

And now they wouldn't even accept a plain old cash money deposit of $40 at a branch.

That brings me back to the same question: If they don't provide what I need, even though that's what they claim to sell, then why do I need them.

Answer: I don't!

I didn't like: Callous treatment, Refusal to accept cash for deposit to an account, Failure to resolve the problem, 45 minutes of my time wasted just to refuse a cash deposit.

Comments