Los Angeles, California
1.4K views

15 Months ago I opened a checking account for my wife with a $10K deposit.The bank employee without informing me made the mistake of selecting A PMA checking account which I already had.It is illogical to have more than one PMA account unless you can keep a balance of $25K in each one, because you will incur charges. There is a $30 monthly service fee for a PMA Package when the statement-ending combined balance of your qualifying accounts falls below $25,000. This fee can be avoided if you have a mortgage with WF that is more than $250K which I have. So I can only afford to have one PMA account.

So because of the employees negligence, I have been charged $30 a month for 15 Months on one of the PMA accounts. I spoke to the manager of the branch and to two supervisors and they all told me that its my responsibility to check that I am not being charged incorrectly! They reimbursed me for only two months so now I am $360 out of pocket!

Their manner has been extremely cold and unsympathetic and basically Wells Fargo is saying that when we mess up and you dont notice it, then we can steal money from you! Its absolutely outrageous!!

I am looking for advice on suing them or arbitration.

Kevin, Los Angeles, CA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Mortgage.

Comments

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE STOLE MY MONEY AND I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO RETURN MY MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT. HOW IS IT THAT THEY CAN TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE A SMALL AMOUNT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT (LESS THAN $100 YET THEY TOOK OVER $1,000. OO OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND WILL NOT IMMEDIATELY RETURN IT.

DON'T TRUST THEM WITH TELEPHONE TRANSACTIONS.

Wells Fargo will not correct errors in fees after 90 days, even if it's a Wells Fargo error. The link to my mortgage "fell" off my checking account, so I was charged $30 which I didn't discover until 90 days had passed. The Wells Fargo banker told me that it's Wells policy not to correct fee errors after 90 days.

Maria Bonita

I HATE THIS BANK!!! I walked in to ask how much it would cost to have a checking account with them and was told that since my mortgage was with them, if I opened a PMA account the checking would be free.

Today I found out that my checking got debited for a total of $60 ($30 last mo. and $30 in August) so I called them to find out why. The first *** person was very arrogant and sarcastic and told me that I had been charged that because 10% of my mortgage was less than $25,000.00. Then I called again because I realized that when I first opened that account 10% of my mortgage was ALREADY below $25,000.00, and I was told that the free checking account was only for 90 days.

I asked why I had not been told that and they told me that the banker that opened my account must have been confused and not understood the rules. Well, heck, if they don't know their own rules and get confused, imagine the consumer!!! Tomorrow I am going into the branch where the account was opened to talk to that *** banker and give her a piece of my thoughts. THERE HAS TO BE AN ALTERNATIVE TO BEING ROBBED DAILY BY THIS *** BANKING SYSTEM!!!

IT doesn't make sense to be fined for keeping your money in a company that uses your money to make ridiculous profits and then fines you for keeping your money with them. WE NEED TO FIND AN ANSWER OUT OF THIS *** BANKING SYSTEMS WE HAVE NOW!!!

They stole my money too. They went in their computer and changed my balance so they could overdraft me six times.

When i called telling them i have an atm reciept for a positive balance on 25th they say thats wrong ive bern negative since 22. I say impossible i have proof of a positive balance on 25th. They say its mistake system didnt update fast enough and the fees are legit. I say are you telling me it takes 3 daus to update my account balance.

The atm does it in 10 seconds.

They say ooen a savings account. Closing account immediately they are unethical crooks!

Abbs

Based on federal law, timely notice must be given within 60 days after the first periodic statement reflecting the alleged error is sent.

You may be out of luck legally, but just because it's legal doesn't make it right.

I don't think you can sue, because whether you like it our not they have your signature on all the necessary forms.

comment back with the AU number from the account opening documents and the officer number of the banker and I'll report it to the internal ethics line.

What probably happened: the banker trying to maximize their reported sales was probably quick to put you into the highest account they thought you and your wife could afford, and evidently didn't explain adequately, the manager there will get in trouble personally for returning that much in bank fees so I suggest calling the phone bank at 1 800 TO WELLS and escalating the issue until you get someone who will reverse the fees, say it was a misunderstanding since you already had the PMA account you just wanted a basic checking for your wife and the banker opened the wrong account for you.

You may have to call back a few times and they may all tell you to go to the branch it was opened at. In which case ask for the number to the district manager since you don't feel you are being treated as a valued customer by the branch management. (if all else fails, does it make sense to refinance with a local bank or credit union where at least you wont be taken for granted and may save on the interest?)

They could have added her as a joint owner on the PMA and opened another custom management checking for her giving her all the benefits of the PMA but without making you guys have to meet PMA requirements twice, it's upsetting that evidently the person helping you didn't take their time and listen to your needs at all and now the management wont accept responsibility for his employee.

Suing them for what????? Because your too *** to monitor your money for over a year!

! ! !!

! Get SERIOUS :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :upset :upset :upset :upset :x :x :x :x :x