6.6K views

Update by user Jul 06, 2011

I should mention the representatives themselves were very nice.I hate to seem employees take slack for the company.

I hold Wells Fargo responsible not for my $15.99 (I should have just told their ATM rep if she kept pushing I would file a complaint) but for the time wasted sitting on hold and bouncing from person to person.If they want to push this product which itself might be a decent thing, they should have the full phone number on the account statement and their customer service should have been able to pull that number up in a few mintues.

Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2011

So when I recieved my new ATM card from Wells Fargo I called to activate it. I was pushed to try "their" Purchase Shield program. After repeatedly telling the woman no, she kept insisting that I try for $1 and call to cancel when I had the details. I stupidly gave in, it's from my bank I figured it'd be easier to just call when it came in.

I did not recieve my packet but got a lovely $15 charge on my account. The charge conveniently did not give their full contact number. So I called Wells Fargo. I sat on hold 15 min and was told that this is not their program it's an affiliate and the representative put me back on hold to find the number. 10 min later she gives me 888-872-5524 and tries to connect me. It rings and hangs up on me so I call directly to get a woman who has no idea what I'm talking about, that I have the wrong number.

I call the bank back. I sit on hold another 20 min. I get a representative who puts in a stop payment and when I explain I'm very upset that THEY (Wells Fargo) sold me this, this isn't something I went and looked for and I can not understand why they can't provide me the information to get it off my account is beyond me. That if I continued to see charges I would take my money elsewhere. She too did not seem to have any number for them, and expressed surprise the other rep gave me the 5524 number since she did not see anything like that but after speaking to her supervisor offered to transfer me to claims to put in a claim as well.

The claims specialist tells me that the stop payment is in but if I still can't get a hold of anyone to call back next charge. I explain I can't get a hold of anyone since no one seems to have the number. After 2 reps, a supervisor, and my own account statement later I have no idea how they expect me to cancel. She seems surprised and tells me she has 888-872-5526 as the number. That was the correct one. But why I needed to spend over an hour and got through so many people is beyond me. Totally a rip off and I feel cheated.

Review about: Wells Fargo Account.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #782736

I'm experiencing something similar.Never agreed to a *** thing.

Got paperwork in mail. I threw it out. Now I appeared to be signed up for nine yards of *** I didn't want or ask for.

I need to find a decent bank.Does one exist ?

Thank you so much for this information.I just called the phone number provided and cancelled my contract with them.

Purchase Shield is just as described above. The customer of WF is offered the 360 program on a trial basis and; after some set time, you are charged a monthly fee to continue the service.

I was unaware I was being charged until WF sent me a "suspicious charge" notice.They charged me $10.99/month.

El Cerrito, California, United States #691668

I recently had a similar experience, as there was a mysterious looking charge from "WF*CPP PREFERRED MBR" for 69.99 on March 21, 2013.They could not comment on it and are making me wait 60 days for a reply to my complaint and if they agree, issue a refund.

I shouldn't just get a refund...I should get an apology for STEALING FROM ME.

That's a CRIMINAL ACT, Wells Fargo.

It's really SHAMEFUL.It inspires me to switch banks.

Walnut Creek, California, United States #682141

I'm disappointed in Wells Fargo and in a company that is somehow affiliated with them called Purchase Shiel (as listed on my checking account).I recently noticed that I have been charged $224.84 (charged monthly for either $14.99 or $10.99).

I have no idea what it is, what it is for or why I was charged for it. I've spent the last 60 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved with Purchase Shiel and Wells Fargo and only when I threatened to call the police, the state and the better business bureau were they agreeable to refunding me in full.

It's a scam and SHAME ON WELLS FARGO FOR BEING INVOLVED WITH IT.I may have to change banks.

to Anonymous #851935

San Francisco, California, United States #677487

My wells fargo checking account has been charged with 14.99 since 2011 I never knew until today.They said I signed for it.

I never did.This a scam and it should be reported to the proper authorities.

Villanova, Pennsylvania, United States #572092

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found the charge of $15.99 on my account and called to ask what it was for.The WF Customer Service Rep told me it was for enrolling in the Identity Theft Program.

I did NOT enroll in this. I received requests to enroll in the mail and shredded them all. In addition, when the Wells Fargo rep told me that I would have to talk to the Identity Theft Program to clear it up and then transferred me, the Identity Theft representative told me that this would have to be cleared up by a Wells Fargo Customer Service rep! The identity theft rep said that they did not have my name or any of my information, yet it appears I was somehow "mysteriously" enrolled, so now I also question the bank’s security and confidentiality.

I called customer service, emailed them, and wrote a strongly worded letter.Let's see if they resolve it.

When I called about my mom's account they told me she signed up for this with a credit report.My mom is 73 why would she need or want this service.

I don't think she read the small print as it is hard for her to see the print. Mom passed away and I went to Wells Fargo to ask about the charges and they told me that they had nothing to do with it. I then made her call this company and see what it going on and I was told mom signed up for this in May. I asked for a refund and was told we had to fax over a request which I made the lady at the bank use their letterhead and fax it over.

Will see if that works if not I will look at another way.

To me this is a bad bank that is trying to slide this "service" over on it's customers.Change banks use a local bank.

THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IS 877-224-7430!!CALLING THEM TOMORROW, THEY SHOULD EXPECT AN EAR-FULL FROM ME!!

They charged me and my account went into the negative which I never allow to happen.

I believe the man at wells Fargo on the phone said they partner with a credit score and identity theft company called "Tri-legent".I have loved wells Fargo, why do they partner with such a fraudulent company?