Torrance, California

I have had a Wells Fargo Home Equity Line of Credit which "matures" soon. I have applied for a new one.

I have a credit score of over 800 and ample equity in the home. This application process has been one of complete incompetence and lack of customer service. They change staff processing the application but do not tell me, so my calls are not answered. When I have been asked to submit a document, and it lacks a piece of information, I only find out when I call to follow up.

They do not call me. This is only a sample of the problems I have had. It is like they do not want to make the loan and want to wear me down.

I have the time and energy to follow up; and my sympathy goes out to those who are stressed and want to work with the bank when they are having difficulty with the loan. Wells Fargo clearly does not want to work with the customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Loan.

Comments

swdavis

My fiance and I have the same problems. Our home equity line of credit went from Mike, to Brianna to Jared and then I don't even remember the last name of the person that we dealt with.

I had to send in over 100 documents. I am not kidding. We sent in 97 pages with the first fax and then an additional 13 pages. I explained to my local Wells Fargo that it was a horrible customer service experience.

We are looking to refinance one of our rental properties but to be honest, I don't want to go through the hassle.

The local representatives keep us at Wells Fargo, not the interest rates, cd rates or anything else. If Wells Fargo did not have such fabulous representatives working at our local office, I would have left Wells Fargo loooooong ago.