2.3K views

I brought in a cashier's check (wage) to cash.I asked specifically if the check went through and the money I withdrew came from the check.

The teller said yes. The manager said yes. I asked again to verify since this check was my pay for a part-time job and donation and was my first time getting a cashier's check. They knew this.

After withdrawing the money and wiring part of the money to on behalf of my employer as a donation, four days later my ATM was frozen. I didn't know why. After endless phone calls and visits, they said the check was a fraud. I was banned from their banks.

All accounts were frozen and my savings emptied to cover the cashier's check. I filed a police report because of the scam. I asked Wells Fargo why they stated that the money went through and gave me the assurance that the check went through. They said they were not trained to tell the difference between fakes and real checks.

Apparently, they are not trained in this. I didn't know this. I asked why they didn't tell me I should wait to cash my check, they said "well if we knew you were wiring the money, we would have told you." I asked why did they let me cash the check, they stated "well you have been a long time customer and you had the funds in your savings to cover the lost in the event it didn't go through." I asked them when were they going to notify me about the problem of the check instead of just closing out my accounts and labeling my accounts as a scammer: "they said it was their fault for not notifying me, but I am no longer welcome to bank with them ever." I asked them why they assured me the money came from the cashier's check and not my savings, they said "well that is not our problem. It is your problem to verify if a check is authentic, not us." Basically, the scam could have been avoided if they told me ahead of time to wait for the check to clear and that they didn't know if the check cleared or not.

Instead, the teller and manager knew nothing and just said, "yeah, the money is coming from the cashier's check. everything looks okay." Bad business.

No relief for customers.Deposit your money and lose it if they feel that they didn't do an adequate job of informing you.

Review about: Wells Fargo Manager.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

The same thing happens to me and now Wells Fargo is charging me the entire amount of the check and a returned check fee.

Wells Fargo are *** *** ! And they have numbskulls for employees

New York City, New York, United States #696752

Why couldn't you just cash it? Why did you have to deposit it?

i do not feel sorry for you one bit.what kind of job hires you and then sends you a cashiers check and then wants you to send the extra money for a donation?

let me guess, you were a secret shopper or something. if you could not see that this was a scam from point A then something is wrong.

A business would want a donation in their name for a tax write off number one and i bet you also sent the donation to a person and not a company right?you did not tell us how much the check was for, how much was the donation?

#196752

Come on now, everyone knows these fraudulent checks have been going around for a couple years now.Why would you work and then give a portion of your money back to your employer?

Donation my butt, you're lucky they didn't file criminal charges against you...Just like those African scams..they send you a fake check, you cash it and send them part of the money.

Ask yourself, why would your employer have to get a cashiers check to pay you anyways?You actually have to go to the bank and get those.

#194003

It seems as if Wells Fargo hires any Joe off of the street.My teller looked like he was an 16-year old kid.

He didn't how to run deposit slips through.Bottom line, don't bank here.