Wells Fargo - Poor service, lies, deceit

Due to financial issues, I HAD to refinance my house.  This was due to another mortgage company backing out after approving me, and several thousands of dollars in construction material on premise.   The interest was at 9.38%. In 2011,  I had to retire due to medical issues.  My wife contacted WFF to seek assistance.  She was told that since we were not in arrears, they would not help us.  Due to my retirement we become late.  We received so many harassing phone calls DAILY, that we had to change our phone number.  While attempting to work with their home preservation unit for the last  2 and a half years, we were served foreclosure paperwork.  While working with the home preservation unit, my wife has had to deal with rude and condescending individuals, lost paperwork, and repeated request for the same paperwork.  I wish WFF would be barred from making home mortgage loans within the state due to their actions.  Mine is only one example.  I have heard from others and no one has had any positive experiences with them.

Sounds like you are in debt up to your eyeballs. WHY didn't you save the money first, THEN buy a house?

Don't blame it on the bank. They gave you the loan with your promise to pay it back, and you didn't. You were spending money that you didn't earn first. You can buy a used single wide trailer for about 5k.

Make your wife get off her D_A_M_N *** and get a job! Nothing is free and if you want a house, then you have to work for it. NO FREE RIDE! Next, disconnect your phone.

That should save about 100 dollars a month. Then you can disconnect your heat, and that will save another 200 dollars a month. Sounds like you need to go live in a trailer park. Not to be mean, but it will be cheaper.

You need to live where you CAN afford, and not where YOU want to! Besides, how much house do people really even need?

Then you can file Chapter 7 bankruptcy. There are plenty of used trailers out there, and the old ones like from the 1970s and earlier are pretty cheap.

Lakeview, Oregon

Wells Fargo - Late fees

I fell behind on my mortgage for a 3 months due to loss of income. They charge a ridiculous amount of late fees. When I asked them to give me a break down of what the fees were, they were unable to. However one of these fees they claim is for having someone come to your house to make sure it is still occupied. I can assure you that no one from Wells Fargo has ever come near my house to see if it is occupied. I am not justifying my late payments, but it is one more way Wells Fargo screws the struggling homeowners.

Been looking at this site for a bit now and I suspect that WF has hired people to comment on this site and ridicule posters. My experience with Wells Fargo is such that I wouldn't put it past them.

I mean, why would someone come to a site like this and serve as apologists for WF. They can write so I'm assuming they can also read. This site is for complaints not for some ****oles to get their jollies giving people who are already having a hard time a bunch of *** to make it worse. I suggest that we ignore those posters who are here to screw with you in an effort to get you to stop posting negative reviews of WF.

They watch this site. I posted here once and WF called me within 2 hours! If you think these idiots who post things that are not complaints on this site are doing so on their own, think again. Further, if you're posting here and giving people a hard time, remember what goes around comes around.

If you ever have a life altering event like sickness or death in your family and you find yourself behind on your bills think about what you'd feel like if someone like you posted and called you a deadbeat. You should be ashamed of yourself. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Mother didn't do her job?

Lastly you're nothing but a cowardly ***. Now go lay down by your dish and leave people having a hard time alone.

this is pointless. read your terms on your loan documents!!!

itll say what the fees are if your ever late. regardless of any hardship, you are required by a contract that YOU singed agreeing to the terms of your loan. would you have taken the loan if you wouldve seen the late fee charges? im sure you still wouldve taken it and you would be in the same position.

it would make no difference. plus all banks have fees for being late.

you aggreed to the contract and regardless of the amount of fees are required to pay IN TIME!!! take it as a learning lesson.

They send out a property maintenance crew who drives by and takes a picture with a digital camera or cell phone. If they see the property is occupied (drapes, furniture, cars, lights on) they keep going, but if they suspect the homeowner has abandoned the property, the crew proceeds with lock changes and winterization (in cold states) and they bid to remove debris and cut grass or secure additional locks.

If you pay it, specify it is for that fee alone. I got separate money orders from Chase Bank to pay each maint.

charge and late fees individually and scanned them into my pc before I sent them. Always have proof of everything you send them.

Miklos
#691983

Just because you are out of work doesn't mean they should pay for it. Obviously you are trying to complain about your late fees or you wouldn't have posted this. Honestly are you staring out your windows 24/7 to see if someone has driven by to see if the house is occupied?

View more comments (3)
Allentown, Pennsylvania

Wells Fargo - Customer

This was my first time having an overdraft on my account and I ask for it to be removed and the supervisor told me no I need to keep track of my checking. Iam truly pissed and I wouldn't recommend this bank to my worse enemy there customer service is horrible! Why open a bank that has no consideration for your customers feeling or money I hate I hate I hate I hate I hate I hate this bank I wish I never opened this account they are so bad for business and give other banks a bad name they should be close down. At least the ones in New Jersey
Sara L

Good grief, how old are you? YOU overdrafted your account but they should have consideration for your FEELINGS?!? How 'bout you learn to balance your checkbook like an adult?

Millstone, New Jersey
Loss

Wells Fargo - MORTGAGE INTEREST REPORTED TO WRONG SSN#

My dad co-signed on my mortgage refinance. He is 89 and does not file income tax returns. I live in the house and I make every payment. Wells Fargo reported the $11K+ interest I paid in 2009 on my Dad's Social Security # and reported 0 for me. Since I make the payments I am entitled to claim the interest deduction on my tax return. The IRS is now garnishing my retirement check for 2009 and will start doing so for 2010, 2011, and 2012. Wells Fargo needs to do the right thing and amend their report by using my social not my dad's. What possible difference could it make to Wells Fargo whose social is used to report interest paid. As I said, my dad didn't claim it...I did and now I am being garnished.
Pueblo, Colorado
Loss

Refinancing with Wells Fargo is a joke

I was contacted by Wells Fargo about refinancing since rates had dropped. I had refinanced 18 months earlier and didn't have a problem with anything so I figured why not I would get a 2% drop in interest rate saving about $200 per month on my payment. I started the process in March 2013. From the very beginning I had nothing but problems. I locked in my rate and then my package was sent to someone else not local. I gave then all the items they requested and then started getting emails and phone calls requesting the very items they already had. I was told they could not locate them so I would fax them again and then hear nothing assuming everything was good. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing from them I finally took off time from work and went in person to the local bank. I find out that the underwriter need additional info on past 2 years taxes. So I faxed all info the same day. One again heard nothing and assumed all was well only to find out a week later that the person I faxed everything to didn't have the fax after she had sent me an email letting me know she received it. This was the beginning of July and the locked rate is ready to expire. How convenient on there part. Then she tells me because so much time has gone by that I needed to resubmit all my bank statements. I did this once again. I then received a package from the attorney asking about closing in person or by mail. So I am thinking finally we are about to close on this after almost 4 months. I filled out the paperwork and mailed it back to the attorney. The next day I get a letter from Wells Fargo denying my refinancing because I had a lose on some rental property for the year 2011 yet they refinanced me that same year using the same tax records. Why would you deny refinancing so someone that already has a mortgage account with the company and expecially after you just refinanced 18 months earlier. When I called to bank to find out what was going on all they said was I am sorry but our rules have changed. I was told it wouldn't matter if I had a million dollars in the bank if the formula they use doesn't give you the right percentage they won't approve it. What it looks like to me is that interest rates are starting to go up and they didn't want me to get the lower rate so instead I know have to get refinancing somewhere else or keep my current rate which is almost what the going rates are now. Wells Fargo needs to take a look at their practices and fix the issues they have because it makes then look *** to anyone that has a common sense. Never do business with Wells Fargo. If you are thinking about it don't walk away from then run as fast as you can. They wasted 4 months of my life just waiting to be denied something they already have.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Wells Fargo Mortgage

Wells fargo owe me money requests for payment go unanswered

I'm a UK resident with a Wells Fargo account and mortgage I pay my mortgage on time, as well as a separate sum into an escrow account each month to cover state taxes. Each year I overpay on escrow and a repayment check is sent out to me. On Most years, either the check doesn't get delivered to my UK address or if it does I send it back to my US based Wells Fargo bank to be paid into my account but they tell me they don't receive it. I've sent letters by mailand letters by fax but I get no response, not by phone, nor by email and none by fax. Wells Fargo owe me in excess of $2000 but they have failed to respond or communicat with me in any way whatsoever. This situation has persisted for about two years

Wells Fargo - Harassment of A College Student

I am a 22-year-old full time college student who decided to bank at Wells Fargo due to family ties. For any parents or fellow college students reading this you are probably all to familiar with how expensive it is to fund higher education. I attained a credit card, debit/savings account and personal loan through Wells Fargo on my path to graduating college. These past few months have been hellish thanks in large parts to the many mistakes made on Wells Fargo's end that have landed ME in hot water. Finances became difficult for me after leaving my job, to take care of my father who suffers from Parkisons Disease. Wells Fargo was taking automatic payments from my account towards my personal loan (which was fine up until monthly income became an issue). I called several times and physically went in to the branch a hand full of times asking to shut off automatic payment, to no avail, after numerous overdraft fees I was negative in my account with NO money available and now in-debt with this bank. It took sitting down with the branch manager to try and remedy the situation and try to attain what money I had, had left in my account in order to pay for gas, food and college related expenses. This was all due to me wanting to shut off automatic payments in order to manually pay every month. NO LUCK. At the time of sitting down with the inept branch manager I (wisely) asked to close my account, the branch manager professionally informed my significant other and I that, "since your relationship is over with us you can leave. We refused and I was, after two hours or so, assured that the account had been closed and automatic payments were done. NO LUCK. Shortly after this umpteenth time being in the branch I began receiving hourly calls from Des Moines, IW asking me for payment as they were still pulling money from AN ACCOUNT I HAD BEEN TOLD (BOTH VERBALLY AND IN PAPER) HAD BEEN CLOSED. A month or so later I was preparing to leave for a study abroad program and went in to a branch in order to pre-pay my monthly loan so as to be able to have peace of mind while bettering my education/future job opportunity abroad. Sitting in the branch my significant other (a Business Finance Major) and I were told directly that not only was I brought up to date on my loan payment but had a positive amount of money in my account; I put down $200 dollars to cover up until the month of July and left for Europe thinking all was well. FLASH FORWARD to Germany where I began receiving international calls from Des Moines, IW (home of Wells Fargo's debt collectors) asking for payment on my loan. I was in a branch yesterday after getting back to the US from my trip a couple weeks ago only to find that the money my father had put down towards my account in order to get Wells Fargo to leave me alone (given the stress they have been implementing in to my already full time student life) had been put in to my SHUT OFF account. Long story short (as this could go on for +1,000 Word count) Wells Fargo is all about the shake down, any time there has been a problem it has been on their side. I went in yesterday and gave them my US tax return to pay the loan amount plus a paid forward on my principle and this morning... DES MOINE IOWA is calling me to ask for money, when I calmly informed the employee I had been in yesterday he rebutted with, "our system can take up to a week to register!" ALL IN ALL, Wells Fargo is frustrating; erroneous fees, lack of empathy or care for their customers and mishandling of peoples' money ... they are all about their own well being.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Wells Fargo - Late fees and more

About 2 years we got behind in our mortgage we borrowed money and paid,sent it by post mail with a letter explaining why it was 6 months worth,instead they paid 5 months and applied the rest elsewhere. we always have been paying a little extra every month,so just a couple months ago I was using the land line at home and it rang very rare everyone knows to call the cell anyway it was them saying we were a month behind - we asked for a print out never got it they continue to call the home number even though it is set up 99 per cent of the time for faxes,and yeah all that time almost 2 years worth they have been hitting us with a late fee every month. we shouldn't have to pay all those late fees if they had called the cell in the first place or sent email or by post letting us know we would have taken care of this back then. When we make this payment how are we going to know that it goes where it suppose to -or is this going to blow up again. All together it is about 6k,or 2k mortgage then the supposed 2k behind and then not sure what the late fees add up to.
Portland, Oregon

Wells Fargo Wrongful Foreclosure

Update by user Jun 15, 2013

YOUR BANK OR SERVICER CANNOT FORECLOSE ON YOUR HOME OR FILE A NOTICE OF SALE OR DEFAULT IF YOU ARE IN TALKS FOR A LOAN MODIFICATION.

I HAVE SENT MY PAPERWORK IN OVER AND OVER. ONE DAY I GET A LETTER THEY HAVE IT ALL AND WILL GET BACK TO ME AND THE VERY NEXT DAY I GET A LETTER STATING THAT THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY FILE AND ARE CLOSING MY FILE.

THIS IS THE SAME BANK THAT HAS BEEN SUED BY GROUPS LIKE NACCP AND IS STILL TAKING PEOPLE'S HOMES AND LETTING THEM SIT EMPTY WHILE CRIME GOES UP IN OUR COMMUNITIES. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT wellsfargoforeclosures@gmail.com if you are facing issues with Wells Fargo!

Original review posted by user Jun 15, 2013

Wells Fargo Bank filed a foreclosure on my home while i was working with the Presidents office to modify my home. They have put my through 2 years of stress and *** and it has been very mentally abusive. After i sent them all they asked i came home to find a notice on my home that they were selling it. I was put in a negative amortization loan and when I applied for a loan modification I was turned down, although i made more money than when i refinanced my home. I have an attorney that is helping me file a lawsuit against Wells Fargo Bank for a wrongful foreclosure. If you have suffered at the hands of Wells Fargo Bank please email my attorney at legaljusticenetwork@gmail.com, so we can work together to make a change in how homeowners are treated.
ID
#419249 Review #419249 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Wells Fargo - Gross Incompetence & Deceitfulness

How does one begin to describe such contemptuously impertinent individuals such as those working for Wells Fargo? Permit me to make an audacious attempt to do so. And remember, truth is an absolute defense. Wells Fargo employees clearly lack integrity, honesty, loyalty and morals. They’re unethical undesirables and immensely imbecilic. Unreturned phone calls, repeated roadblocks, misrepresentations, inconsistencies & lost documentation speak volumes of this institution. We were trying to purchase a condo in Orlando, FL. We have excellent credit scores of 814 & 812, verifiable sources of income, verifiable liquid funds from bank & credit union Statements, verifiable $5,000 earnest deposit, verifiable 20% down payment, 2 existing WF Home Mortgages with verifiable on-time payment histories of 6 years & 4 years and we've even received a commitment letter. Now the underwriter needs original documents resubmitted constantly. Absolutely ridiculous nonsense hindered our closing & now we've lost the possibility to purchase the property. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!! Donald K Orlando, FL
Orlando, Florida
Wells Fargo Mortgage

Wells Fargo - Veteran of 20 years, wellsfaro could care less about me loosing my house

I've worked with other banks but never in my life of 54 years have I worked with some one so unprofessional. My husband lost his job last year and our bills are catching up with us. Our finances are in a mess, he is now employed but makes less than half the money he use to make. Therefore; life is really hard having kids and everything that come with life. I don't live above my means it's just hard to make our payment on this income. Every creditor has helped our family make arrangement with our bills except the most important one which is our home mortgage (wellsfargo). I was told by the Veteran Adminstration that wellsfargo could help me with a loan modification for my home. In April 2013 my husband and I started the process. I called wellsfargo and I was told that I would not go into because my paper work had been received before the foreclosure process. I was also told that my loan was in review so I didn't have to make payments until there was an answer. Then 2 weeks later i got a letter from Jessica Heffner my then home preservation specialist telling me that my account had been turned over to another home preservation specialist by the name of Lisa Barnish which I call over and over but I never got a return call. I got letter Lisa saying that if she didn't have all the needed pare work by may 30th 2013 my house could go into foreclosure . I got her all the paper work she need but I got a letter from the lawyer saying my home was in active foreclosure . There's so much more to this story I could write a book. This company is only help people that's in perfect financial situations. Well, the people that need help are not perfect that's why they come to you 27 year customer at wells Fargo

Same here!!!

I wish Lawyers were not afraid of the big banks. Wells Fargo needs to sued!!!

THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW....but they sure to pay their way out of trouble.

I lost everything because of them.

I know people say you signed the loan...pay it...However, it seem that Wells Fargo forces people into foreclosure, bankruptcy, financial disrepair, homelessness, duress and depression. Thank you Wells Fargo

Bellevue, Nebraska

Wells Fargo - Zz...May we RIP

Update by user Jun 06, 2014

Well here I am a year later....still no change!!!!!! I am being held hostage by Wells Fargo!

This has been going on for over 4 years.

I have lost everything, and can find no real help. Even if they would hove foreclosed in 2014 @ least I could move forward in my life.

My God is there any help out there???? There are so many with the same complaint and no one hears us.

Original review posted by user May 19, 2013

Same thing happened to me...I have been TRYING SO HARD to work with Wells Fargo for the past 3 YEARS!!!!! I am a disabled vet and had to retire earlier than i intended from the military. I called Wells Fargo 6 months prior to retirement telling them of my hardship...and the house was severely underwater. They assigned me a loan officer and i filled out all the paperwork at least twice...just to get a letter stating my loan was in good standing and that i had never missed a payment!!! Talked to greenpath and project hope who mediated for us. It took a year and seven months of weekly back and forth communication and paperwork for them to tell us they would not consider our loan modification until i quit paying...YES...THIS THE TRUTH THEY SAID I MUST QUIT PAYING TO BE CONSIDERED for a modification. At that point I had been retired for a year and a month paying over $3000/month. I had gone through all my savings by the time they offered a partial loan modification...by then i was completely broke...upon retirement my mortgage payment was more than my retirement check...i then asked for a HAFA deed in lieu...i had to call the consumer protection agency to get a consideration....then they waited for the smoke to blow over and said i might be able to do a standard DIL but had to do a shortsale first...i asked about the HAFA and they said they didnt know thats what i wanted (it was written)...i now have a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) that is working desperately to help with a shortsale...trouble is during the stress of all this my husband and i divorced..we are basically homeless...and i am still an *** trying to work with wells fargo to make things right...i cant buy a home or use my VA loan till after the shortsale or foreclosure is complete, and then i have to wait another 2 YEARS...!!!Wells Fargo keeps dragging me through the dirt and I cant get on with my life...i fear I or my ex will be the next on their death list to die of a heart attack from all the stress!!!
Raleigh, North Carolina

Wells Fargo - Mrs. Kathy

We to was on the treadmill to filing a modification for our mortgage and was denied after months, were I believe that they used delay tactics so that the home would be foreclosed on.We were constantly ask for the same documents over and over again, kept being delayed with return calls, appeared to not be familiar with other programs, changed home specialist at least 4 times, having to practically start over again, I heard that there is a class action law suit for this,if you can please help me to file a claim along with others, I would appreciate it.
Winston Salem, North Carolina

Wells Fargo - One last stab

Like most of the posts that I have just read, I to have attempted to get a mod from WF. Losing a job, wifes med bills and an upside down position that was created in part by WF, made the decission to file 7 almost easy. I am still choking on my pride since I included the house in the Ch 7. My orginal comment about WF being part of the up side down value is that they approached me with a plan to refi with some added debt for two years at a higher rate, then they would refi again with lower rate and higher home value. I was sold, and naive, and it sounded good. Of course you know what happened, 2 years later they wouldnt touch me with a 10 foot pole. They even said they could be liable for preditory lending if they did. BAM, stuck with the higher rate and payment. Here's the best part. I am in a condo renting, choking on my pride, and just opened a letter saying they can offer me a mod and payment of about 50% of what I was paying. Chapter 7 is done, house is empty, and they can have it. Some advise, wait until you have about 30 days left before they take your home and file chapter 7, it stops all foreclosure steps and you get another 8 months in the house for free. Screw em,. Take the plants, toilets, yard stones and anything else you can and give WF the finger and start over. Good luck all.
Wells Fargo Mortgage
My story is too long to write all in a box. It started when we were approved for our first home loan through wells fargo home mortgage in 2006. We were approved for a home loan and when they sat us down at closing, our payment was way more than our income and what we...
Boise, Idaho