8.4K views

I had three accounts with wells fargo for almost a year now. In the past six months about 12k has been deposited into the account and I had had no problem. Being that I wasnt too conscious of what I was spending and ending up haing over a 1000 in overdraft fees in that time, but all were paid within a day or two.

So I go to the bank as usual and go to withdrawl some money from my account. The teller told me that there was some kind of hold on the account and that I would have to sit down and speak to someone. This lady told me that there was a loss prevention issue and that because of that they were no longer allowing anymore debits, allowing my ach direct deposits,closing all accounts, and holding all money for 10 days after which I would be mailed a cashiers check, I freaked, starting crying, knew I had multiple bills to pay that day. The lady told me there was nothing that she could do and that she was sorry. I left.

How can A bank do this? I have furthermore now had my phone shutoff during the past 5 days and am at risk now of my storage unit selling my possessions. I dont know what to do. I dont understand that if the bank is allowing NO debits from the account, ACH or not, then why would they hold the remaining amount, which isnt petty a few hundred, and not give me the money for 10 days

Loss prevention simply told me that I was a risk to the bank due to my excessvive overdraft fees, paid or not. I get this and can understand why the account was closed but cannot understand why my money is being held hostage for 10 days plus mailing time on top of that.

Review about: Wells Fargo Account.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

Rainbow City, Alabama, United States #1332230

Wells Fargo is ridiculous the way they do things, has no care about what and how they do what they do

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States #1198537

Hey wells fargo is holding. 7000 dollars of mines they closed my account and now im not allowed to visit a branch to even try to recive my money i need my money now

I am going through the same thing.Loss Prevention my a $$.

I dont feel thst they have a right to hoold the remainder of my money for 10 days as well. I never liked Wells Fargo Bank to begin with.

Just voicing my opinion.Have a wonderful day.

#1120589

Wells Fargo after more than 30 years doing business with Wachovia was great but now Wells Fargo has thrown us under the bus.Some comprised my accounts and they closed all my accounts.

Customer loyal means nothing to these people(machines ).Good riddance to bad rubbish.

to Anonymous Irving, Texas, United States #1197364

I agree the same thing just happened to me......Today after being with this bank since 2008.....This bank has no customer loyalty......I took my banking elsewhere.....Check out chase bank

I did today.....In about 6 mos I will see how this goes with chase If not well

Then I will check out other banks

After 9 Years

Wellsfargo Threw Me Under The Bus

WoWwwwwwww Unbelievable "Signed Sincerely" A VERY PISSED OFF EX WELLFARGO CONSUMER August10-2016

Hi,

They did the same to my account. I would just like to ask how long before you got your money back?

Thanks

Wells Fargo loss prevention # 888-231-0757

I'm going through the same exact thing I open the account with Wells Fargo 3 or 4 days ago and today I went to use my card and it was declined I went into the branch and the teller told me my account was blocked and to have a seat to speak to someone when I got to speak to someone they contact lost prevention and told me they had a hold on my account I can't have access to my phone and to call them October 3rd and they will investigate to see if they will release my money or not I don't owe this company no money and don't know why my money is being frozen and on hold now I'm broke until October 3rd and have no access to my money. the lady in lost prevention was very rude Ghetto and unprofessional and did not give me a reason why my account was on hold.

Wells Fargo is doing the exact same thing to me.My employer has bounced too many of my paychecks and I have had always had a positive balance.

They are saying that I'm a risk despite being the victim of a crime (2nd degree Felony in Utah.)

Wells Fargo doesn't care.They are unwilling to do anything to help me either.

#1020308

Something similar happened to me.Had a business account and several person al accounts for years.

Mine and my hubby's personal, two teen checking and savings for our kids. Never had a problem with our accounts until a customer bounced a $15,000 check in our business account. Not only did they take our personal money from our personal account, they took kids' money too. What does our personal banking have to do with the business banking?

They just robbed us after our customer did.