Additional Fees

Their agent informed me that I had to close my checking account because of their re-organizing of accounts and move it to a new account at the same bank.What I didn't know was that my personal account had a required minimum balance of $50,000 (!)

Since there had been no activity, I hadn't looked at my statement for three months, and when I did finally look, found that I had been charged $180 for being below their minimum.

Since more than 30 days had passed, they wouldn't refund the charge. Mind you, I was told I had to move my money out of the account, wasn't warned about the massive minimum, and since I didn't catch what they were doing in time, couldn't even get $60 back because they had a rule you had to respond within 30 days of the error. I appealed to higher authorities four times, but was told no.

I of course left Wells Fargo.To me, they are thieves without morals.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $180. The author is overall dissatisfied with Wells Fargo. The most disappointing about checking account from Wells Fargo was at the very least, customer service reps and huge minimum balance requirement Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wells Fargo.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Wells Fargo to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

They marred our credit from a similar situation; we have been trying for three years now to get it corrected!