Been a customer of Wells Fargo Financial since 2000, never missed a payment, always paid at least 10% more than minimum on any loans accounts with them.Then a few months ago I lost my job due to corporate downsizing and even though I had unemployment insurance with them and perfect payment history they still sent their collections department after me withing 5 days of missing a payment.

The first guy I talked to called me a deadbeat and started quoting my personal financial data off my credit file in an attempt to intimidate me, - I asked him for his name and he hung up. They use a calling computer that puts you on hold when you answer the phone, the operators they use (if you wait long enough on hold) to call you are ignorant, call you names and refuse to identify themselves. They would call 6 times a day and when I asked to speak to a manager, they hang up... You can not call them, just end up on hold or the same person in Customer Service who can not help.

After closer review of my account, as a result of the harassment, I found out that they were charging me more interest than agreed, double billed my insurance premiums and changed the minimum payments to reflect the higher payments I was making. So much for trusting a bank.

Complaints filed with BBB, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Police Department and retained a Lawyer to go after them for Harassment, Invasion of privacy and Fraud.I wonder how many of us are here in Canada that have been victimized?

Review about: Wells Fargo Account.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

#511904

We've had a WF Mortgage for nearly 30 years...husband laid off 2 mos.

now and we are 2 mos. behind. We live in CA. They call several times a day even though I have already spoken with several reps.

I also filled out the online form asking for assistance and was told that we qualify for a modification, but every time I get to a certain point in the conversation (seems like it's right after I explain why we can't pay yet), I get transferred to another rep (one rep told me her system was too slow), have to repeat everything, and then the line is cut off. Seems to me they could email, write, send me info and options, etc.

without going through this - it is clear now that this is deliberate.Anyone have an idea how best to deal with them?

#420474

I'm from Delaware, but it sounds like WF is screwing all of us.What can we do to fight back; do we have anyone at a government level we can contact?

Or can we get a class action law suit in action?We have to do something....Talk about mental sress...