I had a personal checking acct and savings with wells Fargo for over two years, as did my 4 minor children.I have a small home based business and I deposited a cashiers check from a new customer.

The bank notified me 3 days later that the cashiers check was returned as either altered or fraudulent they would tell me the exact reason. They deducted the funds back out of my account along with a $35 returned deposit charge. Last year my husband died and I receive a monthly amount from social security for my kids. The deposit went into my account 9 days after they reversed my "fraudulent /altered " deposit.

I used my card to make a small purchase. The next day I went to make a purchase and my card was declined. I went into the bank and after waiting 20 minutes they tell me they sent the social security deposit back and there is a hold on my account, and they are not only closing my account but also my children's accounts. It seems I am too much of a high risk.

They didn't see anything wrong with my deposit but I should have?? They are supposed to be trained? But it's my fault. I spend the better half of the next day trying to get through to social security only to find the check was excepted by Wells Fargo.

Now they are telling me my funds are frozen and my account is under review by loss prevention. They cant tell me what for just that it is under review. Also my funds are being held for 7 more days after which I will be issued a cashiers check for my $1500 being held hostage.

Only a bank could get away with such criminal practices.No explanations, just because they can.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Wells Fargo. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wells Fargo.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Wells Fargo to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments