I used to work at Wells Fargo in San Jose, CA. Wells Fargo claims to spend upwards of $10k PER BANKER it trains before we officially hit the floor. We go through 6 weeks of intensive training on product knowledge and customer service. Everyone hits the floor excited...

I worked for Wells for almost 3 years, and while I was promoted to Lead and PB. I hated it more and more with each rung of the ladder I climbed.

Of 3 store managers I had, 2 of them were completely rude, selfish and degrading. They were always leaving early and having holidays off while we were left to get solutions. If we didnt get them we would get barked at a left feeling like we didnt deserve our jobs. Threats of resignation and demotion were always thrown at us if we didnt sell.

Customers were so sick of it they would tell us to not offer anything to them before we could even say hello. It was the worst culture to be in. I was exhausted and only when I was forced to take a medical leave because I have severe Crohn's disease, did I decide to quit and not come back. The day I initiated my leave, my manager called me.

She began yelling and asked me "Why would you come to my branch if you knew you were this sick?" I was so offended I just hung up on her and refused to return her calls. The ignorance of her appalled me. They teach you to be manipulative and sellsellsell! I am so thankful to be out of there.

I feel sorry for the few friends I made at wells that are still working there.

I just wish I could see that manager fired, I tried to call HR on her but no one would ever return my calls. Just another way wells fargo screws its employees over.

ID
#200302 Review #200302 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wells Fargo Banking Service

Wachovia/Wells Fargo Outrageous Fees!

I've bank all around the country and for over 10 years with Wachovia. Once they merged with Wells Fargo they starting taking every nickle and dime from us! We got hit with $270 in fees and sent to a collection agency on an account that was supposed to be closed months ago! I called and spoke with their representative who said it was never closed which was their fault but there was nothing they could do about it and to top it off she said she "had" to close the account. Which is what we wanted from the start! We justed didn't want to pay $270 for it to happen. I will never bank with either establishment ever again!

Wachovia-Wells Fargo New fees for business account . They will start charging per written check and per deposit to the account in addition to thier monthly fee service. We just closed the Wachovia-Wells Fargo account to open it to a local bank in Miami, FL.

I had no idea this bank was like this. I have an interview for a job Monday and don't know what to do now.

Wells Fargo Was charing every month $30 for checking a/c maintenance for almost an year, on my account. It started when I refinanced one of my mortgage.

I was not informed about it. Now, they do not refund it! And CEO gets bonuses in Millions! Stay away from this Bank!

I have a mortgage and a business account with the bank. I will take that to other bank for sure!

No Kidding, Wells Fargo is Ridiculous!

NON-WELLS FARGO ATM TRANSACTION FEE $5.00

That makes absolutely no sense! I also have another bank and do not get a fee for using a different ATM. So frustrating. I will never bank with Wells Fargo again.

Sorry for your loses. You know some banks have no ethical codes and humane practices.

They only focus on meeting their financial goals and don't feel nothing at all for their loyal customers.

I've heard many bad things about this bank and I will never bank with them and will tell my family and friends and anyone to stay away from them as well. The government needs to step up and end this problems.

View more comments (4)
ID
#192435 Review #192435 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wells Fargo Banking Service
I live in south texas and Wells Fargo had charged me/my husband twice more for one purchase transaction. My husband and i recently went to a local furniture store that was going out of buisness and bought a Ashley recliner and a Serta twin mattress at the price of...

I have got 3x charge for one purchase, what is going on with wellsfargo, this bank used to be a very good bank

Wells Fargo Terrible service

Recently, I found that I had fraudulent spending on my account. I called in to the fraud department and made a claim. The representative sent me in the mail a document to fill out entitled "statement of disputed check card item(s)" in which I was to write down the disputed charges. In order to write down these items, I would need to view past statements, which is now impossible, because they closed my account (apparently this is standard for online banking customers). The only way to view is to have them sent to me, for a FEE. They are essentially making me pay money to prove that It was not me that made the charges.... Now, since the account went negative, they closed it, without telling me the account holder. Now one would think that the fraud department would work closely with the overdraft department due to the fact that many fraud cases make accounts go negative, however this is not the case. I have heard now from several managers that the departments DO NOT TALK TO ONE ANOTHER, do not share information, and are in effect separate entities. This is terrible business practice. Since my account was deleted without my knowledge, my direct deposit (paycheck) was not "accepted" because it was sent to a now non existent account! What can they do for me? Put the check into a holding account, then wait several days to see if it can be re routed to my savings, or if it will be kicked back to my company, there is NO physical person working for Wells Fargo which can tell what the outcome will be. It is a role of the dice whether the transfer will work or whether the check will be kicked back. So, they deleted my account, did not notify me, caused my paycheck to get thrown into limbo, then charged me to prove fraud on my account, despite the fact that I should have fraud protection. During this whole mess I had many employees speak authoritatively on subjects in which they had no first hand knowledge, and so essentially made up protocol and told me "this is how it is" only to speak to a supervisor later to find out that what I had been told was wholly incorrect. It is a business fact that it takes 10 times more money to gain a new customer than it does to keep an existing customer happy. I will make it my personal project to derail as many potential customers as possible from this company. They are deceitful, ignorant of their own business practice, speak with authority on issues in which they have no real knowledge, have a business structure in which related departments essentially have no communication with each other acting as separate enterprise, causing incredible confusion when an issue affects both departments. I have never in all my years dealt with such an irresponsible company, terrible customer service, or ignorance of internal practice.
Loss
I utilized Wells Fargo Mortgage for a HUD 203K rehab loan this past August of 2009. My entire experience with Wells Fargo throughout this process was absurdly negative. To give you a little background on me, I have been in banking 10 years and have also been doing...

I live in Wenatchee WA. Wells Fargo stole my home too. We had to declare bankruptcy in 2007 because of medical bills, but had ALWAYS paid our mortgage on time. In 2010, my husband lost his job and I went right away to Wells Fargo to tell them what happened. I immediately was told to pay as much as I could and to apply for a Home Modification.

Through the next several months I got all the paperwork and went through countless hours talking on the phone and jumping through their red tape hoops. I thought it was worth it to get my interest rate down to 2% from 8.5% and saving the hundreds of dollars a month and still stay in my home. In filling out the forms and writing the hardship letter, I specifically told them that although my Husband was now getting a retirement check, he worked 9 MONTHS out of the year as a substitute custodian at a school district. I had proof of it too.

To make a very long story short, Wells Fargo DID approve the Loan Modification, HOWEVER they calculated my husband's supplemental income INCORRECTLY. The problem was that they multiplied the monthly supplemental income by 12 to get a HIGHER gross income, then divided by 12, instead of multiplying it by 9 and dividing it 12 to get an ACCURATE monthly income. They miscalculated enough that we were no longer "qualified" for a 2% loan but a 4.5% modification. We were still going to pay more than we could afford by about $300 monthly.

I quickly got on the phone and spoke to the person who was supposedly "helping" us. She was so rude and unhelpful. I explained to her that the miscalculation was not right and it needed to be re-done. She said "it's set in stone. You can't change it" and most horribly, "It's not OUR problem that your husband is seasonal labor". She was snotty about it and was completely ignoring my tears. When I asked about talking to the underwriters, she said that NO ONE talks to the underwriters and they don't "even have phones". WTH!!?? She said the only options were Foreclosure or Short-Sale. I tried to explain what good is it if they get less for the house if WE could pay it ALL off if the interest was lowered? She just said "It's not our problem".

I tried talking to other people in the short sale department and told them of the horrible treatment from this witch. While they were more sympathetic, they were no more helpful.

A few months, later, my house sold for $60K LESS than the amount of my original mortgage contract, and the people now in my house pay LESS than what I'm currently renting for now. I am heartbroken and may NEVER again have a home of my own. WELLS FARGO IS EVIL!!! and they didn't even TRY to work with us and ACCURATELY depict our income. :cry :cry :cry :cry :cr

Loss
We have mortgage account with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage on our house which we purchased in Sept of 2008. I am self-employed in the luxury watch industry and my income has been decreased by roughly 70% since 2007. My wife is in payroll/HR in the resort industry and has...

In 2004, I started paying an additional $600 per month on my mortgage payment with WFHM. I made 8 payments of $600 in addition to my normal monthly mortgage payment. WFHM sent three letters within two weeks of each other with 3 differnet balances owed ranging from ~$3000 to ~$11,000.

When I called, I was lead through a Cash Audit (they told me they received my payment and the date received). When the Customer Service Rep. got to the 7th month, which she admitted I overpaid every month by $600 up to that point and then she put me on hold. When she returned, her attitude changed from very helpful to extremely rude. She then stated I was not set-up on bi-monthly payments and I needed to pay them ~$11,000 or they would expedite my mortgage and force me to pay the balance. I tried to argue but of course lost so I entered an adjusted mortgage which took the amount they claimed I owed and applied it to the end of my normal mortgage payoff date.

The following January, I received a check for the amount of money I overpaid the previous year. I checked my credit and for 9 consecutive months, WFHM reported my mortgage payment as 90+ days late. I called an attorney and they told me it would cost more for me to clarify this issue than it would if I let it go and do what they told me to do.

I wish WFHM was one of the banks that fell when Wall Street Crashed!

Wells Fargo Autofinancial

Just be wary! Wells Fargo has many divisions and they are not associated with one another. For instance, I deal with 3 and they are as follows: 1) Wells Fargo Bank-Standard Banking..so far it's okay but beware of charges at ATM's for things such as statements, etc. 2) Wells Fargo Financial Bank-the Credit Card Division. While they have me a Platinum Visa with a reasonably high limit (as I co-signed with a relative with excellent credit) their interest rates % are up there. If you ever go over your limit (even by $1)you will know what *** on earth is like. Your limit will be reduced (which further puts you over your limit due to the service charges which accrue daily). The ONLY way to repair this damage (takes a minimum of 6-months to do) is to pay long before your due date each month and at least 30-50% more than the minimum due. 3) Wells Fargo Auto Financial-The auto loan/leasing division. Very high interest rates (if you need a co-signer) and, you better be prepared to pay way before your due date and more than your minimum payment or you will never get out of this loan. If you are ever late on a payment...you will be in trouble for at least 6-months to a year. 4) It's better to establish banking with Wells Fargo Bank, build some credit (via direct deposits or CD's) and get your auto loan or credit card from them. Sounds crazy? It's just better to deal ONLY with the actual banking division. All things considered, if you are very careful, Wells can assist you with re-establishing credit or repairing bad credit but you will pay a high price for it.
Wells Fargo Banking Service
I opened a Wells Fargo personal LOC in April 2008 and immediately set up automatic bill pay to debit my account for $100/mo. on the 28th of every month, ahead of the payment due date. I then ignored the account, as I trusted Wells Fargo to credit the $100 to my...

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS/FORMER CUSTOMERS OF WACHOVIA OR WELLS FARGO:

We are looking for copies of Consumer Loan Agreements / Consumer Credit Agreements from Wachovia or Wells Fargo effective between 2009-2013. If you or anyone you know has a copy of this type of agreement with Wachovia or Wells Fargo, please sent it ASAP to e-mail address: djcrandall@crandalllaw.com or fax number: 540-400-0616.

Thank you.

Wells Fargo Banking Service

Wells Fargo is the BEST bank ever...

I don't understand people's problems with Wells Fargo. For one, they are by far the most friendly people I've ever dealt with in a bank setting. I do understand, though, that it is an annoying friendly at times; like it's too phony. Also, they were willing to open an account for me, when nobody else would; I didn't even have the $100 open fee. I have never dealt with a better bank. They always answer their phones and follow through on home calls. The online banking is the best I've ever used and being able to get fraud alerts sent to you and getting your balance texted to you in seconds on request, come on. Anyone who has problems at Wells Fargo, probably deserves it. Like the guy who complains about them giving attitude over being "ONLY 5 days LATE" on a a payment, DUDE! YOU WERE LATE!

I've been with wells Fargo for 20 years, and never in my life bounced a check or had any other financial issue due to personal responsibility lapse. I'm also a degreed proffessional.

Last recession I managed to survive, this recession is hitting particularly hard. As soon as Wellls Fargo smelled a weakness, instead of being willing to work wioth me with good faith payments for a little while (I've been out of full time work for over a year now due to the recession, and my income is 1/4 of what it used to be), Wells Fargo is hitting me with any possible fee they can dream up, and trying to liquidate any assets that I may have left.

Their collection people are the worst I ever dealt with. I had a slim period during the last recession, and worked with American Express Credit, and with Discovery card Credit, and Capital One. All of them allowed me to make smaller payments for 6 months to a year, during the worst recession period. When I recovered, I paid them back every penny I owed. No chargeoffs or settlemets for a lower amount.

Wells fargo, on the other hand is manipulating. First they closed my business credit line without notifying me (it was current, and not even close to the limit. Maybe half ways, and being paid monthly very significantly over the minimum payment). The sudden credit line closure with no notification resulted in $2000 in fees they tacked onto my credit, explaining it's the usage of a closed credit line, and over the limit fees, and are holding me responsible for. They also jacked up the interest rate from 12% to 25%. A year ago I still had some business going, and was going to *** the bullet and pay the fees. Since then business dried out even more, and I couldn't keep up with $600 or more/mo business credit payments.

Over the last year, Wells Fargo VERY RUDELY refused any reduced good faith payment offers (and making them) on my part. They insist on being paid for it, and be paid now. Their way or no way.

Just recently, they seized my personal checking account, apparently I agreed to them doing this due to some sort of a small print I signed off on then years ago when I opened up my business, and business banking with them. This too was without notice, and with leaving ZERO balance in the account, blindsiding me with $800 in unpaid drafts, and close to additonal $500 in overdraft fees resulting from them cleaning out my personal checking.

A week after this happened, I finally recieved a letter from their collection department, saying the will do this.

Oddly, the letter was postmarked the day after I said I'll have to have an attorney look into resolving the matter, as I believe I was getting conflicting information. (April 6). The letterhead itself is dated (April 1).

My repeated attempts to contact and resove this issue with their collection department (in the last couple of weeks) went unanswered.

Wells Fargo will be kissy kissy with you when you can bring them value. If they sense weakness, they will play the worst hardball of any bank I've seen.

The saddest part is that being a Civil Engineer, my business is very tied to Real Estate and lending and banking industry, and this lending debacle has pretty much ruined my business. When they want new homes, you;re the bad guy because you can't crank the projects out fast enough. Now that everything stopped, you're the bad guy again, because you can't keep up with the bills.

Also, unlike Wells Fargo, my little business didn't get a government bailout. They're using my tax money to help themselves, and putting a screw to little people like me, whom theese taxes came from.

That's how Wells Fargo is turning record profits, they took $4000 of debt that I had on a $10,000 credit line, and using various fees, manipulations and jacked up interest rates turned it into $8000 they are now holding me responsible for.

When I went to talk to my branch manager, and explained the whole situation, he was very nice, apologetic, and acted flabergasted with the situation, and the business credit department aggressiveness, but basically told me that his hands are tied.

Since I'm a very small business, and not incorporated, but a sole proprietor, Wells Fargo is going after me personally and wanting to liquidate my family assets the same way they would liquidate a business.

No human consideration whatsoever, no consideration whatsoever for having been a customer for 20 years with excellent and squeaky clean banking and credit record.

Wells Fargo turned out the be the worst kind, super sweet in your face, and ready to stab you in the back the minute it is convenient for them.

I used to be really happy with them too. But times are changing.

Basically WF has penalized me for using my CC too much. (Never late, always pay more than the minimum, FICO mid 700s) They are raising my interest rate 40%. I have talked to countless CSRs and today, Executive offices. She basically told me it was my own fault (remember never late, never overlimit, always pay more than minimum but it's their 'ratios')

I have 6 accounts with them. By Summer they will all be moved or paid off and closed.

BTW my relationship with them goes back to 1981. THIS is how they reward loyalty.

If I told a long time good client "Thanks for your business, I'm raising my fees now" it would be professional suicide. I'm very disappointed.

Joseph, you have got to be kidding! You either must work for them or you live in an "Alice in Wonderland" world.

:grin I have 2 Wells Fargo checking accounts, 1 I have had since 1977 (32 years) and have had no problems. :zzz :p

View more comments (3)
Wells Fargo Banking Service

Wells Fargo Has Stolen My Money!!!

Wells Fargo is a terrible bank in my opinion. If you are banking with them you may want to reconsider. If you are not banking with them but you are considering doing so, you may want to think about this a little more. This is a very low quality customer service bank. It is very unpersonal and does not care about its customers at all. Furthermore, they are quite dishonest. They stolen out of my account over $800.00 simply because my step-son's account got overdrawn. My step son is an adult. I have no control over his actions or over his account. I had no access to his account or knowledge of the status of that account. They claim that because I allowed my wife to have access to my account and because she had also access to my step-son's account that somehow these two accounts are linked or related. Total nonsence. This bank is a total scam!!!
Lamaria

This is a clarification of my posting. Wells Fargo has withdrawn the money from my account without my permission and without my express or implied authorization.

I only authorized my wife to have access to my account. I did not authorize Wells Fargo to link my account to the performance of someone else's account that I do not have access to and do not control.

Because of this I consider their withdrawal of the money from my account as highly innapropriate.

I am damaged for somebody else's actions despite the fact that I have absolutely no control over that person, over his account or over his finances. This is the essence of this dispute.