Salem, Oregon

Opened a secondary checking acount so I could have some cash on the side for buying my wife gifts on select occasions. At first everything was awesome, until they added a minimum deposit fee of $100 a month - not catching the $10 monthly service fee for about 6 months.

So I increased the deposit weekly to $25, which the attendant at my bank said would clear the fee, and it did....for about 2 months... Later I found that 4 out of the next 6 months I was still getting hit with a $10 monthly service fee. I went to the bank and after about an hour of trying to figure out why, she told me I now needed to do a $100 atleast once a month, that the $25 a week ($100 cumulative monthly) was not going to work anymore. An alternate method they had, was to open a secondary savings account and have a once a month transfer of $25 or more.

I took care of this as well just to avoid these darn fees, whew it worked. WAIT!!!!

TWO MONTHS LATER ---- IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT --- PLEASE REVISE TO AVOID NEW MONTHLY SERVICE FEES!!! So now, they added another thing I have to change to my account, online bill pay, carry $25,000 minimum in the account or LO AND BEHOLD - - - More monthly fEES!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Checking Account.

Comments