Verified Reviewer

Featured
2.5

It started with my card having a fraudulent charge so they canceled my card and sent me a new one. When i called to activate it they asked for a ton of information.

Then i asked about paying the balance on the old card since it was the first of the month. Then i got sent to someone else who then wanted a bunch of numbers again. After several minutes she told me she needed to transfer me so on hold i went. After 25 minutes on hold i finally hung up since there was no music or any response to me.

Now i am mad. I called back and tried to get back to the person i spoke to. Not happening. So now they want all the numbers again and want to put me on hold again.

I said no way and wound up telling them what happened and why i don't want to go on hold. I was told i had to go on hold so i did. After some time another person came on the line and again asked for all these numbers again. I asked why i had to repeat them so many times since i was already checked out by the first person.

This upset that person and before long i was no longer going to deal with this persons attitude so i again hung up. Then i wrote and e-mail to customer service explaining some of this and let them know to call me when they had it resolved since my time is valuable. After a half hour or so a person from WF called me and was very apologetic and seamed to care about me (the customer) after we got through all the numbers again she was not able to finish getting the issue resolved and put me on hold again. Then the voice of still another CS rep came over the phone wanting all the numbers again.

It didn't take 5 minutes until she was talking over me and treating me like crap just like those before her. At that point i hung up the phone and vowed never to deal with Wells Fargo again.

User's recommendation: Bank someplace else.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Cupertino, California