Saint Paul, Minnesota

That slowdown is a tactic. WFHM told me they couldn't help me unless I was behind on my mortgage, I was not.

They said they couldn't advise me on this but if I were to miss a payment or two they could start the process and not to worry about getting behind on the payments they'd just roll what I was behind into my new loan. It took MONTHS I got behind by about 10K. I kept asking them about timelines and they kept saying "just anther week", or "just another few days". So then I get a letter from a law firm advising me that I'm being foreclosed!

(I've got 80K in equity too btw). I called WFHM the day before the drop dead date to come current with my payments and they said the same thing, "just a few more days". On the last day to pay, I called them again. They don't answer and didn't return my calls.

Luckily or unluckily, depending on how you see it, (the legal fees charged by the law firm were a total loss!), I had the cash to come current and avoided foreclosure. When they returned my call after a few days I asked if they were going to modify my loan or not? Get this!....they said they could no longer help me because I was current on my loan! You see, they stall you until you get close to the foreclosure.

It seemed to me that they wanted to get me in a corner so I would lose my place. Had I not had the money they would have foreclosed, got my beautiful home, all my equity and pocketed the price of the sale of my home. Their efforts to help me with my mortgage were disingenuous at best. There's a lot more to the story, far to much to relate here.

I'm now in the process of rebuilding my credit and once I have a good enough score I'm getting a new mortgage with another crook. Hopefully this one won't be as greedy as WFHM, but I'm not counting on it.

Comments

I've heard this complaint about WF from so many people, it's insane that they can get away with this!!