Wells Fargo - Same Check # allowed to post twice

On July 1, 2016 I wrote my check for rent check number #1653 for $1519.00, I flew out of town the same day 4th of July trip.I was in a store and trip to make a purchase they told me the card did not work.

I was astonished left the store immediately logged into my back to see the check for $1519.00 was pending twice to my account and the back had the nerve to take money out of my savings to cover the duplicate posted item. I was highly upset, I called them and they said they would put in a dispute about 5 business days. On Tuesday I put in another call when I still saw it was not resolved. Meanwhile the vacation I had been waiting for all year was ruined from the stress and lack of money I had on this trip.

I have so upset with Wellsfargo, I am going to write whoever I need to to make them aware of this.

I am a financial auditor for a 100 billion dollar company, there is no way the same check number should be accepted in a system twice!!!Wells Fargo has serious financial control issues.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of communication
    • Holding on phone for 10 min should be able to leave number
    • System issues same check number allowed twice
    • Internal control weakness duplicate check number

Reason of review:
Ruined 4th of July trip!!!! Rent check processed twice
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
review #877839

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Wells Fargo? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 13 #1184664 Irving, Texas

You would have to be an id1ot to use Wells Fargo. They are part of the problem in america.

7 0 Reply

Jul 18 #1186728 Irving, Texas

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.