Verified Reviewer

3.4

Today (12/14/20) I entered my Wells Fargo branch bank to deposit checks into my IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer's Trust Account). I approached the teller who was behind a large plexiglass shield and was told that I needed to wear a mask to be served.

I replied politely that I do not wear a mask. I was entirely shielded from the teller by the plexiglass. She was wearing a mask. There was one other customer in the bank, well over 10 feet away from me.

The requirement to have me don a mask was patently needless to the point of stupidity. She told me I could use the outside ATM if I wanted to not wear a mask. I replied that I am actually unable to use the ATM for anything to do with my IOLTA, since it cannot be linked to my personal accounts. She turned to a senior staff member, who acknowledge that it is true, and still insisted that I wear a mask, shoving a box of masks toward me.

I took a mask, reluctantly, but also feeling sorry for employees who are put in this position by their employer, Wells Fargo Bank. I am currently researching banks that will honor my right to manage my health risks with or without wearing a mask and plan to permanently end my relationship with Wells Fargo Bank because of this issue. Wells Fargo bank has catered to me, even pandered, seeking my business, seeking to have me use their private banker and so on because of the amount of money that has flowed through my accounts at Wells Fargo.

However, they are willing to impose irrational requirements with no provision for any exemptions for customers. Shame on you, Wells Fargo.

User's recommendation: Seeking an Exemption from Masks? Pass on Wells Fargo Bank.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wells Fargo Pros: Convenient.

Wells Fargo Cons: Irrational, Not listening to customers request.

Location: 9405 North Newport Highway, Spokane, WA 99218