Provo, Utah
43.8K views

I opened this type of checking account at Wells Fargo,because they say you have a second chance.I opened it on Saturday.I went on Wed. To cash a check,I was told there is a block on your account,you need to call this number.I called the number,I was told we are going to close your account,your name is on ck systems.I said you knew this when i opened it.She said oh yes,but we open it,and then loss prevention does further investigation.I was so upset and embarrased.What an awful thing to do to anyone.They had not contacted me,If I had not gone into the bank.I was also told,we will mail you your money in 10 days,I replied oh no you want,I want my money today.I was given my money.I advise you,if you are going to this bank,to open any kind of account,make sure loss prevention is cleared.I have never of such a thing.I think they made this up,to avoid telling me the real reason.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Checking Account.

Comments

TyRell

I promise you that they didn't make it up. I work in the financial industry and although I don't really like big banks, as far as banks go if you're on top of your money, Wellsfargo is one of the better ones, at the very least the most safe.

That type of an account is oppened only when someone has a pretty serious history of delinquencies at other financial institution or on loans in the past. My guess is you went with it because no other bank will open you an account. It sucks that this happened to you, but they can't do an in depth background check on everyon at the branch level.

That's why they have loss prevention. Apparently you had some serious *** on your record making you too high of a risk for even Wells Fargo to take, which is sad because they often take people that no one else will.

@TyRell

if you were having past history of overdrafts and not paying on time etc. it can really give you bad rap, its no one false but yourself and you need to striaghten it out, start being responible , I never heard a bank holding back money, unless they want to make sure it clears thur the channels, like a bad check etc, it hard but if you can really turn this around and start paying attention and open up an account and keep it up to date and never overdraft with in a year maybe they can start trusting you better,

Wells Fargo Reviews