Provo, Utah
43.8K views

I opened this type of checking account at Wells Fargo,because they say you have a second chance.I opened it on Saturday.I went on Wed. To cash a check,I was told there is a block on your account,you need to call this number.I called the number,I was told we are going to close your account,your name is on ck systems.I said you knew this when i opened it.She said oh yes,but we open it,and then loss prevention does further investigation.I was so upset and embarrased.What an awful thing to do to anyone.They had not contacted me,If I had not gone into the bank.I was also told,we will mail you your money in 10 days,I replied oh no you want,I want my money today.I was given my money.I advise you,if you are going to this bank,to open any kind of account,make sure loss prevention is cleared.I have never of such a thing.I think they made this up,to avoid telling me the real reason.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Checking Account.

Comments

#1420477
@PissedConsumer1297875

He is dumb ***

@PissedConsumer1294664

*** up! Seeing as though you live in a small *** town with nothing better to do than talk *** and probably don't even have an account at wells fargo..lol. #ThePeople

@PissedConsumer1294664

What is it with you and the word, Shady? Are you the type of individual who is always thinking the worst about people, as if you have some type of sense of entitlement?

You sound like a moron. IJS

@PissedConsumer1244320

The account can be free, if he has 10 debit transactions within the monthly cycle, or have a direct deposit of 500 or more or 2,500 is always in his account...

#1232032

my opportunity checking is pending upgrade on november 15th of this year. I got a letter in the mail finally after my 13th statement.

do not *** up this chance people!

Wells Fargo is a trick bank. I just had the same thing happen to me.

If this is an opportunity account then that means "we are giving you an opportunity to rebuild your banking relationship.

The have a good idea to offer people the opportunity but their security department gets in the way and destroys the opportunity for people. It doesn't make any since.

bjb

@PissedConsumer1125315

There usually isn't a second opportunity for people who commit fraud. That is the only way you aren't going to be able to open a second chance account.

Don't commit fraud, don't write bad checks, don't try to cash bad checks, don't do shady stuff with your bank account.

"A trick bank" wtf is wrong with you LMAO you're the trick here

I opened up a Opportunity Package checking account with Wells Fargo last year. In order to do that, I had to schedule an available appointment on their website.

One day before the appointment, a banker contacted me to confirm it. When I opened the checking account, I had to have $50.00 in cash to get everything started. The banker gave me a temporary debit card to use until the new card was shipped out. She did explain to me that I couldn't make cash deposits using their ATM.

When I was making a cash deposit, the teller did tell me that I can still make a deposit using their ATM, regardless of the checking account.

To prevent fees, I was recommended by the banker to do paperless statements, since they do charge extra for paper.

Also, I have to do at least ten transactions by debit card, take out a limit of $310.00 in cash per day and have a total of $750.00 per month for deposits.

Hopefully, my checking will be upgraded to a regular checking account very soon.

I understand second chance accts are for ppl that screwed up in the past but I just really wana know WHY in the Devils mind can't ppl deposit money through the ATM??? These ppl aren't in debt for depositing money!!

Or why can they only withdraw $310 daily of their OWN money otherwise they have to go inside the bank ? What if it's the weekend and something comes up WF is closed they'll be screwed til Monday! These ppl aren't in debt for spending their own cash! It's money loaned that they're in debt!

Second chance Accts should consist of no overdrafts, THATS IT!

If you can't overdraft you can't go in debt, unless they start piling hidden fees but those are affordable, other restrictions are BS! As a bank you can tell someone yu won't loan them money because they screwed up before but You cant tell someone what to do with their own money, that's where the bad reviews start lol

@PissedConsumer1089345

You can actually put yourself into debt by depositing checks into an ATM. Which is probably why they don't allow this but again this should be about checks and not cash.

@PissedConsumer1089345

I have deposited both checks and cash at the ATM with my Opportunity Account, I've had it for a year now and I just graduated to their standard checking.

Wtf is wrong with all of these idiots on here?! Do the dumbest people in the world come to write on this website? LOL!

Agreed

I had a checking account with the bank for 7 years, they changed it a year ago to deposit a buck in a linked savings account every time i used the card. lets say 60 dollars goes in and you make a purchase that "overdrafts" your checking and it takes from the savings.

do this 4 times in a month it would charge me 10 dollars, oh well no biggie I paid all the fees every time and closed the account because i stopped working and wasnt using the card cuz it had no money in it and would get charged 10 dollars for not using it 10 times a month. Well I waited until i got a new job with direct deposit before I opened a new account, and now I have this opportunity checking thing?

I had 7 years no problems and a platinum card with a 500 dollar daily atm withdrawal limit, it was only after I got home and read the paperwork and looked up the information online when I figured out they gave me a "restricted" type of account? thanks a lot smh wells fargo, I knew I should have gone to chase.

@PissedConsumer942426

If Wells Fargo would only give you an Opportunity Account, you definitely wouldn't be eligible to open an account with Chase lol. You're shot.

@PissedConsumer942426

The best thing to do was go to chase but question did u check your credit. if you closed Your wells fargo account they dont care about how long you been with them they care about their money.

Same thing happened to me because my credit. Factors changed rapidly i waited a 1 year until i appiled again an was approved for a reg checking. an you neaver know it could have been your credit that had gaps between the time of finding a new job . wells things dont happen overnight chase is worsee i had chase an they have fees for everthing just be careful.

But normally when something happen like that wait a year if you want to go back to a bank an stay on top of your credit score factors an montior it can be past relationship with previous banks an owe money etc. Hope this helps good luck ....

I have never had an issue with Wells Fargo. I have had accounts with the.

For over 15 years and they treat me excellent. I have my checking, savings, brokerage and mortgage with them and a credit card.

I walk in, they know my name, they treat me like a king. I think the only people that have had issues with them must be people that can't handle their finances and make mistakes then blame it on the banks because it's never their own fault.

@PissedConsumer902614

Maybe you shouldn't be so judgemental. Maybe you should read what the people are saying before you assume that ir can't possibly be the bank because you have never had any problems.I have never had problems with Wells Fargo but I have known people who have.

Good for you that you haven't and lets hope it stays that way but check out some of the class action lawsuits against them or stories about people losing their homes when they weren't even behind. Just something to think about.

@PissedConsumer1099298

Maybe you need to take that nonsense somewhere else. This isn't Facebook or "lets-get-sensitive.com".

Save your feelings for your unfortunate social media followers.

I'm sure you're a gem, and they all love hearing from you and reading your posts. #JustKidding

No every bank does this. When you open an account they pull a report.

Then back office does another investigation.

You will get this at any bank. Best thing to do is make sure your reports are accurate and that you pay off old debts

My wife and I are stuck with this opportunity checking. There are no Wells Fargo locations nearby, so we have to drive 20 minutes to get to the bank if we need to make a deposit.

There is an ATM right down the street, but we can't deposit through it. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if the whole need for the opportunity checking account hadn't been Wells Fargo's fault in the first place. I had previously had an account with them and Wells Fargo allowed an unapproved, unknown 'educational service' to withdraw from my account. I never wrote them a check or gave anyone my account information.

The educational service was an obvious fraud.

Still, they took all of my money and left my account 100 dollars in the red. Wells Fargo closed my account, never refunded me for the blatant fraud, and then left me hanging.

Wells Fargo Reviews