40.7K views

I opened this type of checking account at Wells Fargo,because they say you have a second chance.I opened it on Saturday.I went on Wed. To cash a check,I was told there is a block on your account,you need to call this number.I called the number,I was told we are going to close your account,your name is on ck systems.I said you knew this when i opened it.She said oh yes,but we open it,and then loss prevention does further investigation.I was so upset and embarrased.What an awful thing to do to anyone.They had not contacted me,If I had not gone into the bank.I was also told,we will mail you your money in 10 days,I replied oh no you want,I want my money today.I was given my money.I advise you,if you are going to this bank,to open any kind of account,make sure loss prevention is cleared.I have never of such a thing.I think they made this up,to avoid telling me the real reason.

Review about: Wells Fargo Checking Account.

Comments

Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294661

I don't know what the heck this person is talking about, they can barely form sentences so I wouldn't trust what they are saying. I have several closed accounts in ChexSystems, but I opened an Opportunity Account with Wells Fargo a year ago without any problem.

I have deposited checks, written checks, used direct deposit, my debit card, and everything you could possibly need to do. I haven't had any problems whatsoever, and since the account has been open for 12 months now I am able to upgrade to their standard checking account.

If this really did happen to the person above, it's likely they were in ChexSystems for fraud.

You have to do something pretty serious to be barred from a Second Chance Checking account with any bank.

Maybe try not doing shady or ghetto things and you will be able to have a bank account, even if it is only a Second Chance type of account.

Dumb *** lol

to A Real Person #1351153

Hahaha real talk

to A Real Person #1391433

You are incorrect, and can write in complete sentences, lol. The above mentioned issue (with a regular checking account), also happened to me through Chase Bank.

I opened up an account, and spoke to the Customer Service attendant on the phone (while I was in the office opening an account with a Bank Representative) to ensure that I was clear in their system to open an account. Both bank representatives said I was in the clear to open an account. I went through the 1 hour long process of opening an account, signing documents, etc. Two days later, I went to use my debit card and I was told it was blocked and to call the customer service line - who let me know my account had been closed.

I called the bank, where I opened account, and spoke to the representative that assisted me and she said she was just made aware of the situation - and had no idea what was going on. She was actually in her manager's office asking about it, at the moment I called. I told her that the customer service representative would not disclose to me WHY the account was closed (even after I had made sure to CLEAR MATTERS UP BEFORE OPENING ACCOUNT WITH 2 SEPERATE Bank Employees). She attempted to call the Customer Service Line, and they told her they could not disclose that information to her without my consent.

We then called back, on 3-way, and I gave my consent to allow them to disclose the information to bank employee - and they still would not disclose WHY my account was closed.

The only thing they could tell me is that they could not offer me their services at this time.

Allow me to note that: I am NOT in Check Systems for any type of FRAUD, illegal activity, "shady or ghetto things", etc.

to A Real Person #1481899

Question if my oppertunity account went negative a few times will that work against me

to A Real Person #1504151

Using "shady" or "ghetto" is admittedly racially pointed. Also don't you have *** credit and are bad with bank accounts like the rest of us? Comment on things when they're helpful.

to A Real Person #1554831

I work for Wells Fargo as a financial crime specialist and right on if that happened they would had to if done some shady stuff in that past

does anyone kmow when they graduate into a noto a normal accout i have been here over a year and have deiect dreposites wvwry month and then and nobody cangive me straight ansere

to Audrey Marietta, Georgia, United States #1278496

they typically graduate you into a normal account anywhere from 6 months-year depending on your banking history. if you had any overdrafts or anything that looks negative, that may delay you.

to Audrey Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294663

With Wells Fargo it is a minimum of 12 months before you can be considered for an upgrade from their Opportunity Checking to Standard Checking. This happens automatically, the banking system decides when you are eligible- there is generally very little a banker can do to override this.

If you don't qualify after the first 12 months, your account is re-evaluated every 6 months.

You have to keep the account in good standing, meaning you can't have any returned checks, no overdrafts on your account, and a long history of deposits and spending. If your balance is always at zero dollars, this isn't going to help you.

You need to keep money in your account, not withdraw or spend it all. This demonstrates that you aren't responsible with money.

Hope that helps.

to A Real Person #1537141

Sorry, but pulling all my money out of the bank is NOT irresponsible. It means that I have no food and need to eat.

Eating costs money, maybe all of the money I have. It means I need to pay a doctor for my diabetes care.

Not everyone is rich and can sit on money. Stop being so demeaning abd unrealistic.

Coppell, Texas, United States #1244320

My boyfriend has this type of account. But he cant overdraw his account.

They always taken money out.

The always overdrawing his account. Y is this so

to Anonymous Vacaville, California, United States #1282528

because wells faro is the worst bank to do buissiness with

to Anonymous Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294664

Your boyfriend is probably doing shady stuff with his account, its not the bank's fault that he is spending more than what he has. You can't blame the bank lol.

Tell your boyfriend to stop spending beyond his means. This isn't rocket science wtf

to A Real Person #1297875

you sound like an ***

to Anonymous #1420477

He is dumb ***

to A Real Person #1297916

stfu up! Seeing as though you live in a small *** town with nothing better to do than talk *** and probably don't even have an account at wells fargo..lol. #ThePeople

to A Real Person #1370489

What is it with you and the word, Shady? Are you the type of individual who is always thinking the worst about people, as if you have some type of sense of entitlement?

You sound like a moron. IJS

#1232032

my opportunity checking is pending upgrade on november 15th of this year. I got a letter in the mail finally after my 13th statement.

do not *** up this chance people!

Wells Fargo is a trick bank. I just had the same thing happen to me.

If this is an opportunity account then that means "we are giving you an opportunity to rebuild your banking relationship.

The have a good idea to offer people the opportunity but their security department gets in the way and destroys the opportunity for people. It doesn't make any since.

bjb

to Anonymous Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294666

There usually isn't a second opportunity for people who commit fraud. That is the only way you aren't going to be able to open a second chance account.

Don't commit fraud, don't write bad checks, don't try to cash bad checks, don't do shady stuff with your bank account.

"A trick bank" wtf is wrong with you LMAO you're the trick here