Provo, Utah
31.7K views 91 comments

I opened this type of checking account at Wells Fargo,because they say you have a second chance.I opened it on Saturday.I went on Wed. To cash a check,I was told there is a block on your account,you need to call this number.I called the number,I was told we are going to close your account,your name is on ck systems.I said you knew this when i opened it.She said oh yes,but we open it,and then loss prevention does further investigation.I was so upset and embarrased.What an awful thing to do to anyone.They had not contacted me,If I had not gone into the bank.I was also told,we will mail you your money in 10 days,I replied oh no you want,I want my money today.I was given my money.I advise you,if you are going to this bank,to open any kind of account,make sure loss prevention is cleared.I have never of such a thing.I think they made this up,to avoid telling me the real reason.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Wells Fargo?

Comments

Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294661

I don't know what the heck this person is talking about, they can barely form sentences so I wouldn't trust what they are saying.I have several closed accounts in ChexSystems, but I opened an Opportunity Account with Wells Fargo a year ago without any problem.

I have deposited checks, written checks, used direct deposit, my debit card, and everything you could possibly need to do. I haven't had any problems whatsoever, and since the account has been open for 12 months now I am able to upgrade to their standard checking account.

If this really did happen to the person above, it's likely they were in ChexSystems for fraud.

You have to do something pretty serious to be barred from a Second Chance Checking account with any bank.

Maybe try not doing shady or ghetto things and you will be able to have a bank account, even if it is only a Second Chance type of account.

Dumb *** lol

Audrey

does anyone kmow when they graduate into a noto a normal accout i have been here over a year and have deiect dreposites wvwry month and then and nobody cangive me straight ansere

anon
to Audrey Marietta, Georgia, United States #1278496

they typically graduate you into a normal account anywhere from 6 months-year depending on your banking history. if you had any overdrafts or anything that looks negative, that may delay you.

to Audrey Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294663

With Wells Fargo it is a minimum of 12 months before you can be considered for an upgrade from their Opportunity Checking to Standard Checking.This happens automatically, the banking system decides when you are eligible- there is generally very little a banker can do to override this.

If you don't qualify after the first 12 months, your account is re-evaluated every 6 months.

You have to keep the account in good standing, meaning you can't have any returned checks, no overdrafts on your account, and a long history of deposits and spending. If your balance is always at zero dollars, this isn't going to help you.

You need to keep money in your account, not withdraw or spend it all.This demonstrates that you aren't responsible with money.

Hope that helps.

Coppell, Texas, United States #1244320

My boyfriend has this type of account.But he cant overdraw his account.

They always taken money out.

The always overdrawing his account.Y is this so

to Anonymous Vacaville, California, United States #1282528

because wells faro is the worst bank to do buissiness with

to Anonymous Ellicott City, Maryland, United States #1294664

Your boyfriend is probably doing shady stuff with his account, its not the bank's fault that he is spending more than what he has.You can't blame the bank lol.

Tell your boyfriend to stop spending beyond his means.This isn't rocket science wtf

to A Real Person #1297875

you sound like an ***

to A Real Person #1297916

stfu up! Seeing as though you live in a small *** town with nothing better to do than talk *** and probably don't even have an account at wells fargo..lol. #ThePeople

#1232032

my opportunity checking is pending upgrade on november 15th of this year. I got a letter in the mail finally after my 13th statement.

do not *** up this chance people!