My brother died. He was not well off and only left a second hand truck that had a debt on it through Wells Fargo.

I live in a different state than him. I had to go to the state he lives in open an estate pay off the loan. I wrote a check to wells fargo for the payoff and now they refuse to send me the title. So next week I will drive back to the state he lives in and apply for a lost title.

Do Not and I cannot repeat this often or loud enough DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WELLS FARGO.

I have negotiated with them through a law office in the state where he lives for 70 days. I have never been more frustrated with a business transaction in my life and now I have just given up and I am driving back to the State my brother lived and died in to apply for a lost title simply because the clerical staff and customer service at Wells Fargo is uncaring and inefficient.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

I thought the state issued the title. Wells Fargo should only issue the lien release.

Perhaps a tag agent or DPS registration counter would be a more appropriate avenue. If Wells Fargo continues to refuse, you can always have a judge sign an order for you to receive a clear title if you can show the loan was paid in full.

Why did you not do as I have done regarding the deceased ? Tell the creditor he's in *** and to go collect it themselves.