61 views
Verified Reviewer

I went through a divorce and when I took my house back over I contacted Wells Fargo because I was a few payments behind and did not know because I was being told the ex was making the payments when I gave her money. That said, I was told I had to do a remodifaction on the house to catch me up and I was not allowed to make payments until the end when they would require 3 consecutive payments.

I started the process and did everything asked. Went on for several several months. I was then told the man that was doing the remod was fired and was not done correctly and had to be started over. Did all the same stuff over again for several months I mean several months.

Then I'm told that this man had been transferred to a different department. So now I'm with someone new again. Finally, a lady got a hold of this and was excellent except the paper work to *** May was turned in a day late on Wells Fargo end and it was restarted again. This time it worked and it was complete after many more months.

I got the final papers and signed everything, stupidly didn't let my attorney read over. Once all said and done the price went back to the original loan amount and plus a little more. I owed way less before the remod but was happy to have my house back. Well in that package which I didn't understand but just thought I was signing for my house back I was hit with a $57,000.00 2nd silent lean for the time period of the remod even though I was told by everyone I talked to, not to make payments till the end it would mess numbers up.

I've called and talked to a number of people and even went through Wells Fargo investigation team. Of course, they are saying sorry nothing we can do for you. So now I want to sell the house which is almost impossible because of what Wells Fargo did to me. I'm remarried and my wife wants a house of our own.

But I can not make enough to sell and pay that 2nd silent lien off. To make things worse I was told the remod would be in my name only. But I still get a monthly statement with my ex wifes name on it. So now I'm stuck thanks to this and I have a wife that wants to buy a house for our family and we can't.

SO IF YOU EVER ARE OFFERED A REMODIFACTION DONT DO IT. IT HAS RUINED MY LIFE AND CAUSED ALOT OF PROBLEMS. I DID EVERYTHING I WAS ASKED AND WHENEVER I WAS ASKED. I lost a lot of time at work and now I'm stuck with a $57,000.00 lien on the back end of my house plus the 5 years I owned it before remod payments wiped out.

I can't fight a big company like this I don't have that kind of money but I want it to be known how bad I was screwed over and they don't even care.

I just want some help with this. There has got to be someone who can look at this and help me in some way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Mortgage.

Wells Fargo Cons: Tricked me and did not fully disclose.

Comments