I have a Kirland's Wells Fargo account. Have been a loyal, paying customer for years.

Never a late payment. Unfortunately, mailed a check on 12/11/16 well in advance of the due date. However, it was not received. I called and made the payment for the past due balance as well as $40 in new charges with my debit card.

The customer service rep waived the $27 late fee as a one time courtesy. Yesterday, after reviewing my bank statement, I note that my check was received and cashed on 1-12-17 the SAME day as my debit card went through. I called today to request a refund and was quoted an amount $27.00 less than the refund. The customer service rep today, Rachael, said she couldn't waive the late fee because the original rep didn't note it.

I spoke with a supervisor who advised the same. With all the negative publicity Wells Fargo has received lately, one would think they'd be eager to make good customers happy.

Apparently not and my Kirklands/Wells Fargo account was closed at my request. Never again will I step foot in a Kirklands store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Account.

Wells Fargo Cons: Customer service reps are no help at all.

Comments

So, you're never shopping at Kirkland's because of an issue with Wells Fargo? Ok.