Richardson, Texas

I must live in the dark ages, as I did not realize that banks take the larger amount purchased first and then run the smaller purchases so that they can make more money off of their customers. My 18 year old son just got his first job. He needed to have a checking account as his new employee only does direct deposit. The only type of account he could get was one that required him to open the account with $100.00. Since he has not started his job yet, its a summer job, I had to provide the $100.00. We were suppose to be able to access this amount after it had been in his account for 24 hours.

To make a long story short, I was not able to get all the money back into my checking account before a $77.00 payment was posted to my account. This started a long list of insufficient fees. At the moment, the insufficient fees total $245.00 plus the amounts of the purchases and bills that were being paid. I have contacted Customer Service, and was advised of the payment clearing process used by the bank. I advised them that I did not have that kind of money and was basically told that was my problem not theirs. I was transferred to the Insufficient Funds Department and was told the amounts would be deducted from my direct deposit on May 1st.

I receive a retirement check from a job where I was forced to retire due to staff reduction. I am working several jobs just to try to make ends meet as I am unable to find a full time job. I do not have extra money to line the pockets of Wells Fargo. I understand that not having the correct amount of money in my account was my fault, but it would have been nice to have someone help me. As a result, I will not be able to pay my mortgage for May,also through Wells Fargo, which will result in more fees and phone calls. As soon as this is cleared up, I plan to close my checking and savings accounts with Wells Fargo, and they can repossess my house. I am tired of working with them. Thanks for Great Customer Service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Checking Account.

Comments

Wells fargo did the same to me! They take the larger amounts first even if they aren't supposed to be deducted till later! They find anyway to make u pay!!!

I wasn't asking for a FREE loan. The money I had spent had already been deducted from my checking account, which had plenty of money to cover.

Somehow, Wells Fargo got their hands on a bill that was not to be processed for two days and ran that charge first, then the smaller ones.

That is what I am pissed about. They had already subtracted what I had spent but that changed when something larger came in.

Why is it Wells Fargo's fault for YOU not having enough money in the bank to cover your checks ? Why do people think they can free loans from the banks ? :cry