Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

We fell behind on our payments due to medical issues with my husband and our daughter. At the time we were 6 months behind. We were trying to catch up when, in February of this year, we were a day late with our payment. I called home preservation dept. to make the payment and was told that Wells Fargo would no longer accept payments. This was the end of February 2019. We were served foreclosure papers on March 7, 2019. I tried to work things out with home preservation and after all the paperwork was completed, I was informed that we did not have enough funds each month to go for a repayment plan.

March 25, 2019, I received an email from the home preservation dept. stating they were happy to assist us with our home assistance request. I also received an email with the link to the Loan Tracker site, along with an access code. I filled out and sent all information requested. This time I included my daughter's income since she just started receiving her Social Security Disability payments. After many phone calls and adjustments to paperwork, I was informed that we now made too much money to qualify for a repayment plan, and that lawyer fees, filing fees, etc., for the foreclosure filing, would be my responsibility. When I asked how much more that would be, I could not get a straight answer.

I appealed the decision with the form provided on Loan Tracker and also wrote a letter detailing how we could manage a double payment each month. I sent this and all paperwork, again, through the Loan Tracker system. This too was rejected. I was informed that I did not submit any new information and did not give a reason for the appeal. Obviously, my letter wasn't read. This constant tug on our emotions is cruel.

I received a letter today showing the minimum amount needed to reinstate our mortgage is good until May 3, 2019, delinquent payments of $9,692.58 with foreclosure fee/cost of $815.00 to total $10,507.58.

To me, it seems that we can never catch up due to the constant late fees and lawyer fees instilled on us. We have the funds to pay each month, but Wells Fargo refuses to accept any monies unless it's the full amount. If we could pay each month, a double payment, there would be no late fees or lawyer fees.

We are senior citizens with a disabled daughter to care for, not some big corporation that can afford the fees imposed and have their lawyers handle the problems. I am appealing again for a repayment schedule.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Mortgage.

Reason of review: repayment denial.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wells Fargo Pros: Nightmare.

Wells Fargo Cons: Bill pay and customer service not solving the issues.

Comments