Verified Reviewer

Just think you've worked all your life to get the best credit score possible. but find out that's not good enough, now it other factors in your credit life Thats held against you.

I applied for on of Wells Fargo's credit card offers on line.

One that would work well for me with the offer that it presented. Zero apr on purchases and transfers for 18 months. Mind you now I do have a credit score of 814, I think I'm in the house no questions asked right...wrong here the response I received from my application.

We are unable to offer you a credit card account for the following reasons:

1). Ratio of credit bureau trades with a balance greater than zero (We look at the ratio of open and closed credit accounts that have a balance greater than zero in the last 6 months)

2).

Number of revolving bankcards reported by credit bureau (We look at the number of bank credit cards in your credit bureau report)

Now, nothing said about late payments, or just a terrible credit risk. So I called them and ask what the problem was with me application. The representative informed me that they think I would use their service just for the promotion period and stop using their card. What a joke so they want to use me before I use them.

Look like I get cards and use them than stop using them after I've used them up. What a business model. I do have some credit cards but, just like any thing else in life you do what's best for you in trying to find the very best credit cards or what ever you need to make life better for you and your family. Now as consumers we are being singled out because we do now have the power to choose.

Who are they targeting with these offers.

I do feel these are discriminatory practices. email: jsing_64@hotmail.com

User's recommendation: Bad business model....

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Wells Fargo Pros: Great offers.

Wells Fargo Cons: Discrimination.

Comments

Machele

Actually, yes they are "discriminating" in their acceptance of new customers to whom they extend credit and you do not meet their requirements. If you were to apply for a job as a neurologist at Mayo Clinic and your qualifications did not meet their requirements, then they would "discriminate" against you and decline to accept you on staff.

This is not rocket science.

If you do not like their requirements, then go elsewhere. Now you know.

@Machele

LOL..."You must work for them" Just kidding.

Wells Fargo Reviews