1.5

Wells Fargo Bank Representative:

My parents have been Wells Fargo Bank customers for some years. They are retired on a fixed income and live a humble, honest Christian life. My father served in the military proudly and because of his service related injuries, after many unsuccessful medical procedures, recently he lost right eye. My mother like my dad is also in her 70s. She suffers from acute Arthritis and Lupus. Lupus is a systemic autoimmune disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks its own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus affects many different the joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs. In spite of her disease, she has reached out to Wells Fargo Bank in writing and by phone -- in pain, calling, writing, waiting -- no less than a dozen times within the last 3 weeks to no avail.

She told me that sometimes she was on hold for several minutes and then strangely disconnected. She has her phone log to prove this. And then no one called her back or messaged her through online banking system to offer help after those phone calls were lost. When she did speak to a customer care representative, my mother left very specific messages and also wrote email after email in specific detail sent through the Wells Fargo online message center begging for the fraud or claims to department to contact her with an update and opportunity to hear her side.

In a nutshell, they paid this credit repair company, First Coast Financial over $2000 to deliver credit repair and enhancement services as part of a premium package. Months later this company still had not performed the services as agreed. Although they offered a full refund if services were not rendered as agreed, First Coast Financial gave no refund to my mom and dad. I suggested to my parents that they contact their bank directly. made a fraud refund request by phone on April 23.

To be clear, they were actually charged a total of $2800. Please note that $2000 was paid through my parent’s bank account at Wells Fargo. The transactions were $1000 each. Paid out to Val Singles of First Coast Financial and paid using Zelle payment systems through Wells Fargo Bank. This money represented the lion’ share of the upfront fees paid to this credit repair company. The other monies totaled $800 and were paid to them through another bank. Wells Fargo Bank was informed by phone and in writing 3 weeks ago that this credit repair services failed to deliver services as agreed and failed to provide a full refund. Wells Fargo Bank was also informed that receiving upfront payments for a credit repair services is against the law. This is a violation of the Credit Repair Organizations Act, which forbids advance payment for such services: "No credit repair organization may charge or receive any money or other valuable consideration for the performance of any service which the credit repair organization has agreed to perform for any consumer before such service is fully performed."

The Credit Repair Organizations Act exists because many consumers have been the victims of a credit repair scams or credit repair fraud. Let me also add that Wells Fargo Bank personnel were made aware of other victims who were also ripped off by this same credit repair company and had taken to the internet to describe very similar scam situations that seem to mirror what my parents had experienced. Finally, Wells Fargo representatives were told more than once that the Bank of America account used by Val Singles, one of the owners of First Coast Financial to receive the funds fraudulently was still open and active.

First Coast Financial violated federal law by charging up-front fees. Whether they said it was “account set up” fees, “credit analysis” fees, “credit sweep, removal or boost.” It does not matter what they are called – it is illegal. Credit Repair Organizations Act – Public Law 90-321, 82 Stat. 164 “404” Prohibited practices. b) Payment in Advance –“No credit repair organization may charge or receive any money or other valuable consideration for the performance of any service which the credit repair organization has agreed to perform for any consumer before such service is fully performed.” You can find the entire text at www.ftc.gov/os/statues/croa/croa.shtm.

I am writing you today on my parent’s behalf. They want, need and deserve to get their money back. Wells Fargo Bank Claims / Fraud department really needs to provide a refund immediately based the law broken by this company. In addition, my folks want the original messages sent out to half a dozen bank representatives through the Wells Fargo online message centers over these 3 weeks since April 23.

Lastly, they want you or someone who gives a darn to reach out to the claims and fraud department and have them call my parents directly AND ALSO communicate with them through USPS as well as through the personal email that is file with the bank or the Wells Fargo online message about ANY DETAILS on their claim.

As of today, May 14, 2018, NO ONE from these departments working on their claim has ever communicated with my parents about this situation or even attempted to hear their side of the story. They have not to date notated this information and no question; it’s a vital part of the investigation. To no avail, numerous times in writing my parents offered to provide information about the transaction and the criminals who took their money, Val and Mike Singles. No follow up from these departments and this is a disgrace.

Please, please, please -- it’s time for responsible, caring Wells Fargo Bank personnel to get involved and directly intervene on my parent’s behalf. Someone please contact THEM on Monday, May 14, 2018 by phone by email at KYLEANDMANDYSMOM@GMAIL.COM to resolve their issue.

If we don’t hear from Wells Fargo Bank’s claims or fraud department by Monday, May 14 in the afternoon, we will have no choice but to escalate this matter to include various senior advocacy, consumer protection, bank watchdogs, the local district attorney helping seniors, legal action groups and as well as the media. This is not the way you treat long term customers in good standing, who are seniors and veterans.

Lorena B. Garcia

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Wells fargo claims and fraud dept.

Comments

I paid them off and asked for a statement saying my account was closed never got it after 4 months they called me telling me I owe a balance with late fee

I also lost 38000 and never returned

to Anonymous #1494675

they need to be shut down