Pensacola, Florida

Their customer service is very poorly trained compared to Wachovia. They are unprofessional, will outright lie to you and will actually hang up with you if they feel they do not have an answer for you.

They even cancelled my card as an act of retribution when I caught them in a lie (which wasn't even a big deal). Basically, I checked my account balance at Publix (and that was it). There was no warning about a $2.00 fee from the ATM at Publix, it just showed me my balance. I have used machines to see my balance that didn't charge a fee in the past so I didn't expect a fee (and I haven't gotten them).

So, I was a little surprised to see one from Wells Fargo - so I called to ask them. Their Customer Service told me it was Publix that was actually charging me the fee and it wasn't them (this turned out to be an outright lie). So, I called Publix and talked to them and their banking security rep told me they had received several calls from Wells Fargo Customers - and it wasn't true. They hadn't billed them anything - it was Wells Fargo.

So, I called them back and asked them why they would lie about that. The Customer Service rep again told me that Publix was lying and then hung up on me. When I called back and asked to speak with a Supervisor the next day, I was hung up on again and then my card reported missing (in some weird act of retribution). Even stranger is when I talked to the representative at the local Wells Fargo bank about my experience with Customer Service, she seemed to know exactly what I was talking about.

She explained where the $2.00 fee actually came from and that they should have actually refunded it instead of fighting with me.

I closed my account and opened a new one next door at a credit union. Good Bye, Forever Wells Fargo.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Banking Service.

Comments

their staff are highly unprofessional and their service could not be worse

Their customer service will hang up on you if they don't like what you have to say. I closed my account with them 2 days ago. I miss Wachovia.