Show reviews that mention
bank account money customer customer service loan service payment credit business
Filter review

Wells Fargo Strikes Again!!!!!!!

I need to vent here. Wells Fargo is the most frustrating mortgage company we have ever dealt with. Any time we have had a question or concern during the 5 years we have had our mortgage with them and had the misfortune of having to call them, it is endless frustration, reps who know nothing and different reps who tell you different answers to the same questions. In December of 2007, we missed our second mortgage payment in a row by paying 4 days after the due date. This was as a result of several months of unemployment after losing both of our jobs. Even though we made the payment, we were informed by letter from Wells Fargo that we were in default and forclosure proceedings had begun. We called Wells Fargo right away to see what could be done. We were told that their law firm had begun foreclosure proceedings and not only did we have to pay the two mortgage payments that totaled only $1,385.77, we had to pay over $2,700 in legal fees. MERRY CHRISTMAS!. Our kids got no presents last year. We have faithfully made every payment since 12/07 and finished our payment arrangement 6/24/08 and received notice just two days ago from their law firm that the foreclosure had been satisfied and all judgements cleared Yesterday, we received a letter dated 7/2/08 saying there was $481.53 in an account that had not been applied to our mortgage and we need to remit an additional $54.36 to bring our account current. I called Wells and tried to find out what the letter meant. After being transfered to 5 different departments and 7 different reps and after spending over 1 hour screaming on the phone, we were transfered to a decent guy (he must have worked for someone else) who opened up an investigation to find out which department sent the letter and what the status with our account was. Today we received a letter from Wells Fargo dated 7/13/08 telling us we were two months in arrears and we were being assesed fees and late charges totaling $1,480.73. Failure to pay would result in forclosure proceedings. After arguing for nearly 1 hr. with a young...and I do mean young lady who kept repeating the same thing over and over, I was given an address to send a formal written complaint. The basis for our argument is that when we asked for help back in December of 2007, Wells Fargo changed our payment date from the 1st of each month to the 24th. Our last payment was 6/24/08. At that time we were told we would receive notice as to what date our next payment would be. I even gave this girl the name of the rep that told us that. She said I apologize if you misunderstood, but that our payment would automatically return to the 1st. after the payment arrangement was concluded. I explained that the rep who set up our payment arrangement told us "your new payment date is every month on the 24th". Over and over she kept asking "why would you think it was changed"? How about because YOU TOLD US IT WAS!! How about you sent us the payment arrangement in the mail and we signed it and faxed it back to you and you sent us a letter stating it was accepted!!! Maybe that is why!!! So now we have to make endless photo copies of all the correspondence and documentation and send it to their executive complaint department and wait our 20 days for what I'm sure will be a decision that will favor Wells Fargo. Sounds like our attorney is about to get richer off of us. Somebody, please send us $58,461.91 and get us far away from Wells Fargo!!!

wells fargo sent us a letter of intent to forclose, our mortgage is current and up to date. made several phone calls to clear this up.

even more frustrating. finally talked to someone with a brain thought everything was ok . got a letter from the state of maryland today explaining what options i may have being in forclosure and what programs the state has now.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE WELLS FARGO IS DRIVING US CRAZY.we seriously need to re-fi with someone else before they get away with stealing our house. :zzz

I have been going through *** with Wells Fargo for the past YEAR. Long story short - I had missed some payments, got on a payment plan, was two days late for the first payment (I thought it was due on the 28th and it was the 26th).

They tell me to send the money anyway - I do. They keep my $2,600 and tell me they are going to foreclose on me anyway, as if I had sent them nothing. They then spent 4 months to set me up on a new payment plan that they didn't tell me about until I called - a week after the payment plan was to take effect, meaning I'd "defaulted" again.

I have faxed them my financial information so many times that it makes me nervous. I'm going to end up losing the house and it's THEIR fault - I have tried to make payments, but they won't accept them because I'm not on a "payment plan." I'm sick over all of this!!!

Daniel T

WELLS FARGO SUCKS

Disgruntled Wells Fargo Customers UNITE! Here is what I'm doing.

I know it's small but if we ALL would do it, then we'd get their attention.

I am an individual, and they can deal with me easily. But, if all us disgruntled customers actually DO unite, Wells Fargo will soon have to CARE. I have decided to send Wells Fargo Financial a hard copy check via regular mail for the sum of .10 (TEN CENTS) to be posted to my account. I will also faithfully pay my Wells Fargo Financial bill.

I will send the ten cents checks each 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th of each and every month. I will bend the envelope in such a way that a PERSON will have to open it for processing. In each envelope, along with the check I will place an explanation letter, telling that poor processor why he/she is having to do such a thing. This will cost me a grand total of $3.06 each month(check plus stamp), which I consider a small price to pay to get them to CARE.

Imagine what can happen if ONE MILLION of us disgruntled customers unite and do the same thing on the same dates! A swamped mailroom may get someone in Wells Fargo Financial hierarchy to CARE. Please join me in my endeavor. Wells Fargo can easily deal with all us individuals, but if we unite, we can make them listen and care.

Maybe YOU have a better idea in getting their attention. If so, please post it.

View more comments (3)

Wells Fargo - Wellsfargo terrible customer service

worse customer service I've ever had with any bank. A lot of hidden and unexpected charges and fee. when I close the account, the Branch Manager told me I had to personally go to a bank and close it off. when i brought my balance to $0, she said i could call her the next day and she will close it for me. I called and she was never available (either in meeting or on the phone), or returned my call. I found out now, i can just all the general number and close it off. They really suck
Product
Wells Fargo Checking Account

Wells Fargo Financial

I called Wells Fargo about my account that they scammed me on. I purchased appliances at a store that offered their financing. I was given 6 months to pay without interest, and after five months I purchased a tv and the store said that it wont affect my prior agreement. I made my 6th payment, and when the 7th statement came they took my last payment and put it towards the tv just to screw me with a charge of $62 and change for the appliance. I called and talked to a man and he said he could take $20 off the charge, but only if I paid by phone, witch is a charge of $10, so I'll save $12!
Product
Wells Fargo Account

Wells Fargo - Overdraft charges daily until paid

If you incur overdraft charges on your wells fargo account they will add $30 a day in penalties until completely paid off, they will not negotiate or attempt to help. My son kept overdrafting his debit card noot realizing they would ok purchase even if there was no cash available. Recently he overdrafted by $40 because of an automatic debit he forgot about. The charges are now $700. You can borrow money from a loan shark for less interest. It is legalized thievery. The manager at the Del Mar Ca office decide to take it upon herself to teach my son a "lesson" and put a not on his account to never reverse any overdraft charges-even tho they never had. Can anyone help?

:cry

Wells Fargo Mortgage

Wells Fargo adds $30 A DAY charges if you overdraft. You can borrow money from organized crime for l

Wells Fargo banks charge $30 a DAY for an overdraft until it is ALL paid in full. You can borrow money from a loan shark cheaper. The are legal thieves. Any suggestions? Isnt his illegal? Can anyone help. My son had a $40 0verdraft that is now $700. He has no means of getting that much mpney fast enough from keeping this from accrueing and they won't work with him. When he went to the Del Mar Ca branch because of an automatic debit he forgot about the women he spoke to put a note on his account to never reverse any overdraft charges because she thought he overdrafted too many times EVEN THO NO OVERDRAFTS WERE EVER REFUNDED.
Wells Fargo Loan

Re-appearing fees from Wells Fargo

I have had an unresolved problem with Wells Fargo in regards to my mortgage, which I have been trying to resolve with them for several months. My statements are and have always been set as "online only" in order to avoid their $10 fee to make a payment if you receive statements in the mail. I have not received a statement in the mail for years, nor have I changed my preference to receive them. However, each month, like clock-work my preferences are changed (magically) without my knowledge to show "mail". I have called and emailed them multiple times and they say they will "fix" it but it happens again each month. Now, I have ALWAYS paid on time and while I can afford the $10 fee each month (which is not in my contract that I reviewed prior to signing) it is the principle that I refuse to pay my mortgage company so that I can pay them especially because they claim that I am changing my billing preferences each month -- what kind of *** would do that? In my opinion this is just a method for them to get more money out of me and I refuse to be a victim of their dirty game -- buyer beware. Oh and they reported to the wrong credit bureau for the first few months although I told the rep at signing that my SSN was wrong and they supposedly "fixed it" not to mention the poor customer service whenever I have called with a question... and their internet customer service is worse because they use such poor grammar in their replies....ugh. Don't finance with Wells Fargo, it's just not worth the frustration.

Why not start doing as many other disgruntled WELLS FARGO customers are doing. We know this is a little thing, but think of ONE MILLION doing it.

I am an individual, and they can deal with me easily.

But, if all us disgruntled customers actually DO unite, Wells Fargo will soon have to CARE. I have decided to send Wells Fargo Financial a hard copy check via regular mail for the sum of .10 (TEN CENTS) to be posted to my account. I will also faithfully pay my Wells Fargo Financial bill. I will send the ten cents checks each 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th of each and every month.

I will bend the envelope in such a way that a PERSON will have to open it for processing. In each envelope, along with the check I will place an explanation letter, telling that poor processor why he/she is having to do such a thing. This will cost me a grand total of $3.06 each month(check plus stamp), which I consider a small price to pay to get them to CARE. Imagine what can happen if ONE MILLION of us disgruntled customers unite and do the same thing on the same dates!

Maybe YOU have a better idea in getting their attention. If so, please post it.

Wells Fargo - Fraud stealing ruined credit scrore and much more

preapproved VA lone falseid resulted in loss of lone stolen escrow and county tax payments and earnest money . Late payment after late payment penalty even after being overnighted requiring signature . Loss payments resulting in having to make double payments ! On Xmas of 2006 Wells Fargo informed me by letter that my house payment had not been made and they were about to start foreclosure if I did not make the payment right away . I had overnight ed this payment requiring signature of which I have copies . But Wells Fargo insist they did not receive the payment and this happened more than once . I have keep ed records of all transactions . Wells Fargo has ruined my credit and its still going on . The date of this writing is 7/14/08 .I need helpppp !!!!!

they cant start fc if you have missed just one payment! and if this "keeps happening", then why dont you send your payments via another method?

Wells Fargo

I made a payment to wells fargo and they still went into my bank account and took some more money with out my permission, my account is over drawn and so many checks have bounced. They talking about they sorry. i advised them that i want my money back now. I can not wait until i get at least 2 more years off this *** *** loan, so i can trade my car in and get the *** away from wells fargo. Im a claims adjuster when i get a single car accident claim and the lien holder is wells fargo and the vehicle is deemed a total loss you kind of put two and two together.
Wells Fargo Loan

Wells Fargo - Well Fargo Auto Finance

Well Fargo is the worse finance company you would ever want to have as a lien holder. They are quick to want to repo someones vehicle. Like no one at this company has ever been late or down on there luck with money. If your payment is due on a certain date they will harrass you until you pay them. Calling your phone from sun up to sun down. Also when you need help they have all the excuses in the world not to help you. Its like they want to repo the *** car. They suck as a company

I am one of the many people who hate Wells Fargo Auto Finance! We were talked into refinancing with them.

The sales guy said we would have a smaller monthly payment. He lied to our face.

Ended up with a higher payment for an additional year. We were not told the bottom line until we signed the papers which was our fault for believing him to be honest.

Wells Fargo Auto Finance IS by far THE worst group I have ever dealt with. They were not willing to help me out with my payment arrangment AT ALL.

I was going to pay TWO car payments at once in 1 week. They refused to work with me and DEMANDED I pay them on the SAME day when my next payment is not even due! They kept trying to put words into my mouth, such as I was refusing to work with them? Right, I am refusing yet I called in advance to set something up?

They were bullying me and acted as if I was 6 months behind on a payment. I had a major life event come up out of no where, MY MOM PASSED AWAY, and they are not even able to work a deal out with me. NEVER have I had a company make me feel so low, as if I didn't have enough going on. *** comes up in peoples lives, and yes, I know I was a whopping 15 days late on my payment, but give me a break.

I will refinance through a better company next time. Once they have your signature, they do not give a *** about customer service. Please take my advice, DO NOT refinance through Wells Fargo, or purchase new.

If your credit is not so great, go through a smaller company. I'll be damned if Wells Fargo assits its customers in any way when *** hits the fan.

I am very Suprised to hear all the Negative Post about Wells Fargo, I have gotten Several Loans from them , And the reason Why... I PAID THEM !!

Every post ive read has someone saying they were Late On Payments, Guess what ?

Every Loan Company will come take Your *** when U dont pay for it !! Dont blame the Lender, They gave U the Money, And NONE of them give a *** about your Financial Hardships, It's Dog-Eat-Dog, And If someone Owed U Thousands of Dollars, You'd Want It Back Too !!

I am happy to say that after all the misery wells Fargo has put me threw I'm technically done with them. However, even though I just paid of my loan they sent me a title from a different state that I used to to live in 3 years ago.

Now I have to wait who knows how ling to get the correct title from the correct state.

If I can give you any advice stay away from Wells Fargo Auto Finance. :(

@PissedConsumer508077

its not their job to keep up with the titling everytime you move. They hold the original title when you purchase the car. take a little responsibility and quit blaming other people for normal responsibilities

I too am disgusted with WF Auto -- I make a monthly payment and if it is late, I get threats of repossession. Payments are made regularly (albeit a few days late) but made. I will never, ever do business with WF for anything again -- once my loan is paid off.

I have checking and savings accounts with Wells for 20 years. Both have positive balance and my credit card balance is not even at half the allowable level - however they turned down a refinance on a truck loan that is 100% current because of an open home equity loan.

Really? I am so happy we the citizens bailed them out.

As for Wells Fargo Auto....they have the poorest customer service I have EVER had to deal with in my 40 years!...We did not finance our auto loan through them but were transferred when they took over Wachovias dealer services.We fell behind on 1 payment when my husband got out of the service and we have been waiting on his VA disability.I had an agreement with one decent rep I had been working with at Wells fargo, and was told as long as I continued to call her and make arrangments every month so that I did not get farther behind that I would be ok....go figure they took my account from her and moved it around to several different reps. I called yesterday to set up my usual payment and was informed that they could not except a payment past the next 48 hours.

I kindly explained that this was the way I worked things out with a prior rep until disability got worked out. He then transferred me to a real *** named Jessica. She was extremely rude, was trying to put words in my mouth saying that I said I was NOT going to make a payment when I said NO I NEVER said that I indeed said I was trying to set up a payment for in 2 weeks! she cut me off said she wasn't putting words in my mouth and insisted that I was refusing to make my payment then informed me I had till 5 pm the next day or she was sched.

our vehicle for repo! then said well I am not arguing with you and hung up on me! With that being said ...IF I was not showing any good faith that I was trying to get that 1 payment caught up and IF I was blowing them off I could maybe understand...however that was so much NOT the case! I was trying to set up a payment.

End of my scenario...I had to borrow money from a friend from their credit card to make a payment to prevent that 1 payment causing me to lose our vehicle! Thank GOD for her cause Wells Fargo and their employees (most except a slim few) act as if you are beneath them and as if you are taking money from their *** table just cause you are 1 month behind!

I hope carma bites Jessica and knock her off her high horse, maybe a few proper business manners to be taught to her would be beneficial to Wells Fargo. I had someone on another forum tell me that they can NOT refuse to take my payment and I totally intend on trying to verify that along with the whole policy of repoing a vehicle for being behind on 1 payment.

Wells Fargo is a terrible finance company. No compassion for their customers in this economic crisis we are all going through.

I was a good customer been with Wells Fargo for the whole time I had my loan(3 years) up until they repossessed my car last week over 2 late payments and 400 in late fees accumulated in 2 months. Most auto loan finance companies give 3 sometimes 4 months before they want your car.

Don't ever choose wells fargo for any of your banking needs all they really want is your money. STAND BY YOU HAHAHA!

Well I've been with them for some time myself had a few run ins but yes they called but they worked with me BUT NOW I'm on my last car payment an its only 400 told me last month it was 7something to finally pay it off now asking for almost 1400 for mii last payment n can't even. Tell me why.

Sorry *** company at the last min. Wow

View more comments (88)
Loss

Wells Fargo-Mislead with "non existent" product

Ron Seligmann, Wells Fargo's consultant in Maryland intentionally mislead me in order to obtain business. I have a very good Credit Score and no debt, ideal client and was in good position to negotiate for my mortgage. I did my homework and obtained quotes from 3 companies. On the date I requested final quotes from the 3 companies, I informed Ron his offer was not the best. He came back with "a very aggressive offer" in order to be competitive. The second trust being 7.5% at 30 years through BB&T, "his partner" as opossed than the original 9.25%. I have all of his e-mails to confirm this PLUS his good faith estimate that shows exactly those terms for the second trust (7.5/30yrs). On the day of the closing the papers reflected something different, he said it was meant to be "converted" the next day (bank is closed so he can not get the papers), my broker talked to him as well and he assured him that all was fine to be changed the next day. Well, next day I get a 10 year not 30 year trust more than duplicating my payment. I could not not sign at closing or I would loose my escrow deposit $. Next day he says over the phone he got confused on what BB&T told him, my options were to come up with more money, or refinance...he could help by paying the fee. Well, I'm no longer the ideal customer (the large 380K trust already in Wells Fargo's pocket and the comission in Ron's pocket) since it's just for a small second trust. I contacted Wells Fargo at every level, they had Ron Seligmann's supervisor contact me (Patrick) and when it was time to meet he cancelled all meetings and stopped responding to e-mails or calls. Clearly Wells Fargo supports his consultants misleading clients, they get their business and then claim that the other part of the business is not theirs there is nothing they can do about it. I am outraged, I have all in writing from Ron Selimann. Avoid this person and know that Wells Fargo clearly supported that kind of "doing business" when refused to discuss with me as a client. Ron Selimann is as close as a *** man as it gets, beware!

My opinion is that this company needs to go out of business or some other company buy them out and fire all the *** people that works for wells fargo. They are rude , they give people a rough way on loans and etc. I have never seen a *** company as wells fargo.

:cry :( Wells Fargo is horrible I was prequalified for a mortgage with them in August the offer was for a short sale when the sellers lender came back with the ok Wells Fargo then got started with the underwriting. After a month and a week I was denied due to an NSF on my bank account that was not at all anything I did.

Turns out Wells Fargo will not allow anyone to do mortgages with an NSF no matter what the situation.

I ended up having to pay for the appraisal on the property even thought I didnt even get the mortgage. I feel they lead me on and on all the while knowing they couldnt approve my loan.

so you're one of those that blames mcdonalds for making people fat. riiiiiiiiiight.

lets hold a company responsibe for one person's unethical decisions. looks like you have an issue with that specific person. you're just going to be back on this site complaining about the next bank that you feel screwed you over when it was just the one person that screwed you over.

oh and thats also why they give you disclosures. heres a thought, read them.

I certainly do not understand how a company can output such a varied service. We have had our mortgage through them for nearly 5 years with no problems whatsoever.

In fact, we had our choice of three places (my husband's company's relocation department only gives so many options) when we moved this summer and chose Wells Fargo again! They have been simply wonderful and very easy to deal with, for us. I also do not understand the high percentage that you're paying because our credit is just less than good and our first mortgage was 6.25 % and the new one is 6.0 %. The only complaint is that the other departments do call us to try and sell us the insurance plans but after fussing at them for about 6 months, they have finally stopped.

They have never automatically enrolled us in anything nor have they added extraneous charges BUT I look at everything very closely and question everything that I do not understand. I am sorry that you have had such a terrible time.

I wonder if Mr. Seligmann was actually fired but they would not tell you that.

Why am I not surprised by this... They fired my wife due to her disability...

while they didn't come right out and say it that's what they did... they have been trying to get rid of her for over a year because she's epileptic.

Wells Fargo is notorious for adding extras onto any type of loan they fund. We had an RV loan that ended up with a premium checking that was charted 30.00 per month, we never signed up for that.

We had a credit card they personally filled out the application online for us and found it convient to add in some Credit Defense that we specifically denied at the time the application was being filled out. It has been 6 months that this Credit Defense continous to charge us month approximately 60.00 even after calling them every single month to cancel. They claim they have canceled and will be crediting our account. When we asked Wells Fargo to show us the original application for the credit card we get the same *** response about calling Credit Defense to cancel.

Our family has also had a conventional home loan through them which they took upon theirselves to add mortgage insurance to. There is no accountability being taken and all of their employees are liars and incompetant monkeys.

You are not the first one Wells Fargo did this to! The are crooks and all about ripping people off!!

Read your documents. Dont just sign.

If a good faith estimate disclosure goes up you have to resign.

It is faulty on both ends; yes he shouldn't of lied but you should have read your papers. You also have a 3 day recission period when refinancing as well!

Frankly if it were me, it wouldn't even made it to closing. A good faith estimate is just that..an estimate.

When I bought my house I hired an attorney to read over everything and make sure everything was what it was supposed to be. When you're dealing with that big of a deal you shouldn't go it alone!

BTW, I have a Wells Fargo mortgage and it's been fine and no issues, but I knew what I was getting into. Hope you get it straightened out.

:( Wells Fargo sucks eggs! I believe every word.

you can't rationalize with big banking today. Wells Fargo will screw every one they can.

View more comments (9)