Savage, Minnesota

I went to wellsfargo a few months ago with my brother to cash his check. He doesn't have an account there and he has downsyndrom but can still talk and everything.

The first time they needed two forms of id. We forgot and only bring one form of id. They then asked us if we want to open an account for him because then we don't have to pay the fee of cashing the check, I told them no because my brother don't even knows how to read or write and don't even know how to speak english. We then return home and bring another id along.

When we got there again, we didn't even reach the teller, we were just at the line, and one of the banker rush at us and ask us to open an account there, I said no, my brother will not be using it. He only recieved government assistant and everytime we will just cash it. Then we got to the teller and the same banker was there also, now both the teller and the banker was asking us, trying to persuade us to open an account there when I told them we won't because my brother will not be using it, they kept on asking and insissting and I kept on saying no and there were some tensions, finally the teller got our ids and cash our checks for us. He was really angy because we don't want to open an account there and you can see it in his face.

When he gave our ids back he didn't even gave it back nicely, he kind of slam it to where the window is so we can pick it up and he also kind of gently throw our cash at the window also, like here you go!! I was very angry because this is alot of disrespect. They are angry at us the customer for not opening an account? That's bull, if we don't want to we don't want to don't get angry at us and don't try to force us.

This is the most rediculous thing I have ever experience.

I was so close to yelling at them and making a scene but good thing I calm down.

Now when I got my checks I usually just deposited it into the atm. Should of have bank with tcf instead!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Cashing.

Comments

While it may be true that ATM's are considered impersonal, it also means that you don't have to deal with rude employees.