Wells Fargo - Where is my car title?!

Feb 27, 2009
review #145781

I have been fighting with Wells Fargo for two years trying to get the title to my car. I got evicted from my apartment because they told me that if I didn't pay my past due amount, they were coming to repo the car. So I paid my bill, got evicted, then through my retirement account, payed off the whole car loan.

Even after that they were screaming repo at me for almost six months. We finally got the loan straightened out, and they said they would send me the title. Three months later, still no title, so I called their customer service line. That number couldn't help me, try this number. That number directed me to another, then to yet another number. Then those *** sent me back to the first number! WHO HAS MY TITLE??!! The car is almost too expensive to repair again, it won't pass inspection this year unless I fix it, and I can't trade it in without my f*%&@^g title!

And can you find the right number to bi*$h somebody, anybody out? NO! Everything is automated now and trying to get a real person is like asking pigs to fly and sh*t gold bricks straight into your bank account.

9cad77d
Had an experience with Wells Fargo?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Jess

Jun 28 Pleasant Grove, Utah

I paid my car off 18 months ago and still no title. I've called a couple times getting told different things from different people. This last time they said they were sending a form for us to complete and that was three weeks ago; still no form. I'm starting to think law suit honestly!

cr

Oct 23, 2012

i paid my car off almost a year ago and i still have not received my title either. they are a horrible horrible bank

1 0 Reply
wells fargo blows never use th

Apr 22, 2012

paid off our laon in august, its now may and my registration is due. they fu**** something up already cause now dmv wants 1400 to reister it. cause they fu**** up the title and konw one knows where it is.

pissed in San Diego

Jan 31, 2012

supposedly they mailed my title in regular mail 3 weeks ago...uh huh. why didn't you send it certified mail??? I always paid on time, and paid my loan off early, after 5 years this is the way I'm treated, now it's my problem?

Frances Mathews

Nov 18, 2011

Wells Fargo took 15 months to send me my title to sign and send back. I had to get an attorney to get it and it took him 3 months of the 15 to get it. They will not take responsibilty of their problem they caused. I am out alot of money because they do so wrong to consumers. We consumers have a right to our rights but thes big companies can get away with anything.

bdd

Oct 24, 2011

ihavebeenfighting well fargo for 5 years on my title they say they can.t find it you mite try calling there walnut grove office in (ca) where they keep the titles but rember your dealing with people that think they work for the dmv there douchebags s t u p i d and retards

n. wimpy

Aug 08, 2011

wells fargo repo my car. i paid out the @$$ to get it back. when i picked the car up at a local car lot. i was told the car had never left that local lot however wells fargo charged me an extra $500.00 fee for transporting the car back from auction in atlanta ga. that car had never gone to.. once i had my car back and 3 mos pasted, i paid the car off in full. $9,000.00 wells fargo never could come up with my title weeks, mos, and a year went by. finialy i went to my local court house with a release of lein paper signed by wells fargo in an attempt to get a new title or regisiter car in my name and get tags. at the court house tag office i was told i could not get tag or regisiter the car in my name as the car was regisitered only to wells fargo and my name was no where on this car ,,, it appears wells fargo took my name off the car when they repoed it . even after i paid to get car back and paid the fees that were added on which was a scam by wells fargo. they accepted my monthly car payments and the pay off on a car that was not even in my name...i reported this the bbb and spoke to a lawyner and nothing ,,the lawyner told me wells fargo would only lie in court and make me look a fool.. end to this story.. my son wrecked the car totaling it.. my insurance would not pay off untill the they could get title from me. which i was still trying to get from wells fargo.. finialy on s voice message (which is all you will reach with wells fargo) i left a message that wells fargo was... Show more

JASH

Mar 16, 2011

AFTER A YEAR, I FINALLY SPOKE TO LAKISHA AT 800-559-3557 AND SHE IS SUPPOSEDLY SENDING A LIEN RELEASE. iT SEEMS TO MATTER QUITE A BIT WHERE YOU GOT YOUR ORIGINAL LOAN THRU...WELLS FARGO, WELLS FARGO DEALER SERVICES, WACHOVIA, WELLS FARGE AUTO SERVICES...ITS CRAZY.

pissed off

Dec 15, 2010

OMG, I have the same issue, Wells Fargo bought my car loan and when I paid it off they say that they will mail me my car title. 1 year now and I still haven't gotten my car title, what the @!$*!!!! WHERE IS MY CAR TITLE.
I also can't get through to a real person either, *** automated keeps kicking me off the phone.

mg yeardley

May 22, 2010

same thing happened to me. 95 tercel old as *** needed some repairs.my boss took it off my hands for 300 dollars. fixed it too working shape for daughter to go to school. had gotten small loan from wells fargo in 2000 used car title for collateral. wells fargo lost the title.also the loan was paid off in 2004 or 2005.called branch whwer loan was processed. a very nice lady tried too help, but because im no longer in ther system they could not release a lien relase letter. now im stuck. trying to go thru customer assistance but honestly not feeling very hopeful. dont no what to do next. all this for a 15 yr old car. i know my title is sitting in some folder somewhere. thank god my boss is a patient man. i honestly dont know if ill ever get the title to my car?

Joshua carrero

May 05, 2009

same thing has happened to me, but I asked for my car title, and they said they did'nt even have a record of me having a loan with them! They lost my whole account of even having a car loan with them. Now I have NO title, and I need to sell my car because I am moving to Hawaii.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Wells Fargo.
Filing a new complaint about
×