Wells Fargo Purchase Shield Scam
I should mention the representatives themselves were very nice.I hate to seem employees take slack for the company.
I hold Wells Fargo responsible not for my $15.99 (I should have just told their ATM rep if she kept pushing I would file a complaint) but for the time wasted sitting on hold and bouncing from person to person.If they want to push this product which itself might be a decent thing, they should have the full phone number on the account statement and their customer service should have been able to pull that number up in a few mintues.
So when I recieved my new ATM card from Wells Fargo I called to activate it. I was pushed to try "their" Purchase Shield program. After repeatedly telling the woman no, she kept insisting that I try for $1 and call to cancel when I had the details. I stupidly gave in, it's from my bank I figured it'd be easier to just call when it came in.
I did not recieve my packet but got a lovely $15 charge on my account. The charge conveniently did not give their full contact number. So I called Wells Fargo. I sat on hold 15 min and was told that this is not their program it's an affiliate and the representative put me back on hold to find the number. 10 min later she gives me 888-872-5524 and tries to connect me. It rings and hangs up on me so I call directly to get a woman who has no idea what I'm talking about, that I have the wrong number.
I call the bank back. I sit on hold another 20 min. I get a representative who puts in a stop payment and when I explain I'm very upset that THEY (Wells Fargo) sold me this, this isn't something I went and looked for and I can not understand why they can't provide me the information to get it off my account is beyond me. That if I continued to see charges I would take my money elsewhere. She too did not seem to have any number for them, and expressed surprise the other rep gave me the 5524 number since she did not see anything like that but after speaking to her supervisor offered to transfer me to claims to put in a claim as well.
The claims specialist tells me that the stop payment is in but if I still can't get a hold of anyone to call back next charge. I explain I can't get a hold of anyone since no one seems to have the number. After 2 reps, a supervisor, and my own account statement later I have no idea how they expect me to cancel. She seems surprised and tells me she has 888-872-5526 as the number. That was the correct one. But why I needed to spend over an hour and got through so many people is beyond me. Totally a rip off and I feel cheated.f06360c review #247228
You may also like
- "This is all I have to say, just a great picture! lies and more lies, they ride the edge of honesty and dishonest. you would think that the banks would..."
- "This is how brazen GE Capital Retail Bank/Pay Pal Smart Connect/Pay Pal has gotten. They have been allowed to lie, steal, defraud, commit fraud, steal money, hide money, etc., etc...."
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- "I have been using this product for three years. I am 65 years old. I have tried many expensive products, and gave them all time to work. They did not..."
- "I have odered for 6sitter dinning table order no 300778198 today I have received only 4 chairs instead of 6. And t table is also damaged . What to do..."
- "I, Ron Pratt worked with the above customer while trying to come to an agreement on a vehicle. I tried several nice says to tell him that because of his..."
- "Cela fait 5 mois maintenant que j'ai pas eu ma commande quelle est le problème??..."
- "After a lot of mails and pictures with Sophie zou from their company, I decided to place an order for more than 3000$ for towables. Production time was ok, but when..."
- "STEVE ZARELLI, a reader of comic books, an expert on Bazooka Bubble Gum, and and Autograph Collector from New York has posted a series of blatantly fabricated photographs of our..."