Wells Fargo Purchase Shield Scam
Update added by user Jul 06, 2011
I should mention the representatives themselves were very nice.I hate to seem employees take slack for the company.
I hold Wells Fargo responsible not for my $15.99 (I should have just told their ATM rep if she kept pushing I would file a complaint) but for the time wasted sitting on hold and bouncing from person to person.If they want to push this product which itself might be a decent thing, they should have the full phone number on the account statement and their customer service should have been able to pull that number up in a few mintues.
Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2011
So when I recieved my new ATM card from Wells Fargo I called to activate it. I was pushed to try "their" Purchase Shield program. After repeatedly telling the woman no, she kept insisting that I try for $1 and call to cancel when I had the details. I stupidly gave in, it's from my bank I figured it'd be easier to just call when it came in.
I did not recieve my packet but got a lovely $15 charge on my account. The charge conveniently did not give their full contact number. So I called Wells Fargo. I sat on hold 15 min and was told that this is not their program it's an affiliate and the representative put me back on hold to find the number. 10 min later she gives me 888-872-5524 and tries to connect me. It rings and hangs up on me so I call directly to get a woman who has no idea what I'm talking about, that I have the wrong number.
I call the bank back. I sit on hold another 20 min. I get a representative who puts in a stop payment and when I explain I'm very upset that THEY (Wells Fargo) sold me this, this isn't something I went and looked for and I can not understand why they can't provide me the information to get it off my account is beyond me. That if I continued to see charges I would take my money elsewhere. She too did not seem to have any number for them, and expressed surprise the other rep gave me the 5524 number since she did not see anything like that but after speaking to her supervisor offered to transfer me to claims to put in a claim as well.
The claims specialist tells me that the stop payment is in but if I still can't get a hold of anyone to call back next charge. I explain I can't get a hold of anyone since no one seems to have the number. After 2 reps, a supervisor, and my own account statement later I have no idea how they expect me to cancel. She seems surprised and tells me she has 888-872-5526 as the number. That was the correct one. But why I needed to spend over an hour and got through so many people is beyond me. Totally a rip off and I feel cheated.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Those aspiring to come and work in the UAE or any GCC country ought to know that the working conditions etc are good. What you should NOT is take a..."
- "Wells Fargo and John Stumpf ( CEO of Wells Fargo) will lie to you and scam you! I was a Capital One Customer. I went into Wells Fargo and..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "DISH NETWORK IS A SCAM THEY SENT THEIR PEOPLE TO KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR TO OFFER YOU TV CABLE AND INTERNET. WHEN YOU ACCEPTED THE OFFER THEY ONLY..."
- "Pama Management on Highland Avenue in San Bernardino California is a slum Lord outfit. with a bunch of ignorant *** black people working in the office. my complex manager her name was Lakisha,..."
- "All i want is a return address to send back the 2 shirts i ordered, I get no response they don't want to take back 1 shirt has no button..."
- "Aramex cheated on prices about their services, did'n give me full information about custom's fees. To get my parcel I had to pay 4 times more then what they announced..."
- "I ordered from this website and received the product with taxes of 83 euros (France) and I didn't even know that it was an importation... It's not clear at all..."
- "Its funny how marshall bumpers replied to this saying they are not affiliated with Shannon Steede.... Lets take a look at the facts! Shannon Steede is writing the blog post- See..."