Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Loan Modification

Sep 02, 2009
review #156363

Since March of this year we have been trying for a loan modification with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. We have submitted all the requested paperwork at least 3 times.When we have called back, there response was it was in the "review department".We have re-submitted the paperwork again because they stated something wasn't recieved.Now we have recieved a letter from an attorney saying we are in foreclosure.How can this be, when are application has "been under review.How can this be!

Now we have to contact the attorney,so they can contact the mortgage company to verify all the information.

b01cd46
Had an experience with Wells Fargo?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Verneda

Mar 21

We understand completely. This is the biggest scam I have ever encountered.
We started the process in 2012. Received no assistance and got no where. Hired a third party to intervene to no avail. This was done almost a year ago.
We still have not received a modification, instead they wanted to give us a prepayment plan and raise our note another $800.00 a month. Which makes no sense what so ever. If we are struggling
to make the current payment why would they think we could add another $800.
They have no intention of modifying our loan and have wasted 2 years of our time.
:( :cry

Connye

Oct 24, 2013

The same exact thing happened to my husband and I. We are having to file Chapter 13 to save our home. I just pray we can save our home.

COREY

ADVERTISING MATERIAL

To Call For Assistance: 866-781-0725 ask for Corey Lassiter
Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm EST
Saturday, 10am – 5pm EST
1 Why are you getting this notice?
If you have already retained a lawyer for this matter, please disregard this letter. Is your principle loan balance more than what your home is worth? Have you exhausted your requests for help from your lender in getting your loan modified?

Our office is in the process of filing a Complex Tort Action (lawsuit) against lenders on behalf of homeowners throughout the country for potentially fraudulent lender/servicer actions. We are not in the business of seeking loan modifications as statistics have shown that loan modifications are not a long term solution to homeowners' problems.

The goal of this litigation is to reduce the interest rate, monthly payment, and
principal balance for qualified borrowers through litigation. Additionally, we will seek monetary compensation for damages.

If you are experiencing foreclosure or sale date problems, our team can help guide you in the proper direction.

To determine whether your loan or mortgage matches the criteria being considered for a potential lawsuit, please
... Show more

Elle

Aug 08, 2013 Raleigh, North Carolina

I could have written this. But I have been dealing with this for 3 years. While in review, I lost my job and WF stopped the modification and I have had a first continuance for foreclosure hearing. I never have a minute when I am not worrying about where I will go.

jens

Jan 19, 2013

I understand the frustration.. I did get a completed loan mod with wells fargo made my payment about $100 lower, not the best but I guess that was the best they could do it was explained to me why but whatever.. no excuses for wells fargo but I had one of those single point for conttact people in their mod dept, and she explained how since the housing crash so many people have been trying to do loan mods, and she told me how she is assigned to me and about 400 people she has to help, I guess they are extremely busy and have alot of government things to go by.. either way good luck everyone!

Me

Oct 24, 2012

For all of you posting on here. I fought with them for 3 years. I researched and read a lot to try and find help. I'm sure all of you have looked at computer screens for hours a week doing the same. I finally read a article that told me to go to the OCC (Office of the comtroller of currency) They regulate banks and it's free. You can file your complaint on there web site. With in a week I had a call from a higher up at Wells and my next mod attempt went through in about 4 months. Also keep all your dates when you send things or talk to someone. Dates, times,and names. They always say they lost something or change their tune from what was said in your last phone call. I beat them. You just have to play smart. Also make sure you do the call to hamp for your credit counsling. Best of luck and I hope all of you win.

Robin

Oct 23, 2012

I received a modification from Wells Fargo, after 33 submissions (they kept losing my information)and almost a year of greif and it turned out to equal about $20.00 a month difference.....gee Thanks!!!!!

Richard Lorenz

Aug 11, 2012

Our experience so far has been the same as everyone here reports. Is there a single person who has succeeded with WF in getting a modification? I think not.

James

Jul 09, 2012

Call Obama and he will bail you out then frannie or freddie mac will own your home. The DEMS are the ones who forced banks to give out loans to anybody with a pulse.

Ania

Jun 28, 2012

Wells Fargo can go to HELLLLLL!!!!!!! I hope they fall apart. I have been trying to modify my loan for a YEAR already....they just got back to me with a 3 month payment plan that is a $100.00 LESS then my original monthly payment. WTF?

jd

Jun 19, 2012

I am dealing with Wells Fargo now for a loan modification any and all info you can offer will be helpful

Pitih

Jun 03, 2012

If you can find any way to show proof of income- coinitbutron letters, letter from your employer, Profit and Loss Report etc, then your Lender should accept it as a stable income. A loan modification process usually takes anywhere from 4-6 months, depending on the bank. Bank statements are a great way to show income. The banks look for constant deposits every month- a sign of stable income.I would recommend hiring a professional company to help you with the documentation and process.Home Defense Law Group has an A- rating with the Better Business Bureau. They have great attorneys with over 20 years of experience and deliver great customer service.

t clark

May 29, 2012

Yes this all sounds familiar...we have been over 2 years with 9 home preservation specialists! They finally came up with a mod that raised the payment?? So I am done..have turned them in to banking feds and got an instant response.The feds contacted WF and of course they had to investigate and tell me that it was in "active mod" ! Oh please...I hate them and now will short sell since the home in the last two years is now 140,000 under water!! Thanks WF...I was told to go to "facebook" to try and contact my preservation specialist since she wouldn't return any phone calls. Really WF....SEE YA!

nmk smth

Jan 19, 2013

its not wells fargos fault your home is underwater though?

Carlos Segarra  from Apopka FL

May 24, 2012

I have been trying to work a modification with WF for 10 Months and all their doing blowing me off.paper work sent over and over.specialits after specialist.they do not return calls.the house in on forclosure now and I decided to do a short sale to end this nightmare.we need to expose this people they are a joke

Leanne

May 07, 2012

we have our mortgage thru wellsfargo as well and fell behind at the beginning of last year, we called wells fargo and ask to do a loan modification, instead we were put on a reduced payment plan without consent. We made all of the payments as we were supposed to only to find out that all of our payments we made went to past due amounts which covered the 4 months we were orginally behind but did not pay into the 6 months we were on the payment plan, we then were to be considered for a modification and it took 7 months for us to get an answer all the while repeatedly faxing the same documents over and over again and not being able to contact our home preservation specialist, only to be denied because we are not bringing in a sufficient amount of income.

Mike

Apr 04, 2012

I entered the Wells Fargo Modification program because we were both laid off from our jobs for over a year. When we finally got back to work we had trouble with the payments.

We have two WF loans, our primary and a HELOC that we used for a renovation.

From the get go all we wanted was for them to refi at present rates...but no no no...they said the only way was to do a modification.

We started the process in Nov 2011 and were told it would take 60 days. Their own correspondance said approx 60 days. We immediately complied with every single request, some times sending the info back the same day.

Like the others, we experienced the same thing....lost paperwork, "one more form" then expired forms because they didnt complete their stuff on time...etc etc

Through the process we had a few emergencies and we went behind 3 payments but never more. Getting a hold of the person in charge of the file is next impossible and you have to call back over and over and over again. They always have some excuse from they are "overwhelmed" with work to "moving" to new offices.

In any event 7 months later I get a letter in the mail saying that we do not qualify and that we have "sufficient income" which is completely laughable given that it is simple math to add up our income and subtract our monthly payments.

Now we are getting calls from collections, and on top of that they claim
... Show more

WF Sucks

Mar 29, 2012

I had the same situation with them except I didnt ask for a modification and they charged me for attempting to do one twice. In 2010 I was going to be unable to pay one of my payments because of our hot water tank went. I called to let them know in advance and to see what could be done to keep me current. I was able to make payments just not that month. Up until then I had a perfect payment history with them and good credit. To make a long story shorter they took months to try to qualify me for something I never ask for - a modification. they also told me to hold off on my payments until my paperwrk was processed. What I was told only took 10 days took over 4 months. I ended up almost 90 days behind so I began payments again. I continued getting threatening foreclosure letters and could never get a good answer. they charged me over $400 for this and now refuse to remove it. they say by me saying I was going to be late and asking what I could do about that one month I couldnt pay is me asking for a modification. I finally got myself current this year (2012). now I am waiting for a complete history on my account and will be turning them into the attorneys generals office to try to get the fees removed. Plus I have built up fees from them sending someone to our house every month to make sure we didnt abandon the property. Duh I've been paying on the house. I wouldnt be if I abandoned it. Idiots. every reps contradicts what the one prior tells you. they are a joke and... Show more

William

Feb 20, 2012 Hartshorne, Oklahoma

Wells-Fargo denied me for HAMP because I did not check a box on one of their forms. They clearly have no intention of providing any relief to any homeonwers through HAMP/HARP, and are doing their best to delay/drag out/avoid modification of any loans! Run quickly from any Wells-Fargo relationship, avoid doing business with them! They are crooked, inept, corrupt, and evil!

wdann

Dec 08, 2012

HAMP should be renamed as"HARM"

1-20 of 158 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.