Loss Prevention Issue with Wells Fargo
3 of my family members were killed over the holidays.Many of the checks for beneficiary benefits were being drafted from comapanies who bank with Wells Fargo.
My cousin and I opened a new "joint account" so checks in either of our names can be deposited and used to for final expenses. We've deposited over $40K in the past 4 month, all checks from major companies. Since I've had a Wells Fargo account for over 17 years, they've cleared within one business day without a problem. Most recently a check was deposited for $21k made payable to my younger cousin.
The check was endorsed and deposited into our joint account. Per my cousin knwoledge, the funds were xfer online into my personal account for me to manage and take care of financial matters. When I went into a branch to withdraw $10k to finalize burial expenses, the service managed contacted Loss Prevention and had them place a referral on my account stating " there appears to be suspicious activity between my accounts". This was my first time using this branch and they were extremely rude and accusatory.
After faxing over a " Release and Hold Harmless" document that my cousin had to sign and get notarized- in addition to faxing over all legal documents and statement verifying and approving all transaction were legit. This occured over 10 days ago and they still have all of fund frozen!!! Every account I have with Wells Fargo has been frozen at this point. I am being charged interest for loans taken out for my family burial because of this issue.Wells Fargo's internal processes are crappy- No one can ever get in contact with the LP agent working my file and their is no sense of urgency in anything.
When you voice your concern, they transfer you to an executive office that can not offer ANY resolution.I am so flustered!It's already hard enough dealing with out loss but to have our money held captive is just down right WRONG!d6881a1 review #403351
You may also like
- "Im writing from Conway Arkansas. I opened an account with fort sill national bank 3 months ago. Whrn they violated what wadbposted on a sign about getting your money 2..."
- "Wells Fargo and John Stumpf ( CEO of Wells Fargo) will lie to you and scam you! I was a Capital One Customer. I went into Wells Fargo and..."
- "This is all I have to say, just a great picture! lies and more lies, they ride the edge of honesty and dishonest. you would think that the banks would..."
- "I hired Jonathan Wald few months ago, and I provided him with tons of paperwork about my case, I sent him several emails giving him information about how to win..."
- "Waited almost 2 months for the item and it is way too small. I have a 24 lb 22 month old who wears between a 18 and 24 month..."
- "I had purchased the Core 1 CPA Professional Education Program Challenge Exam prep materials from DCSweb.ca (Densmore Consulting Inc.). They also operate out of DCSCPA.com - both sites are a..."
- "Xlibris is the biggest fraud of a company that I ever had the misfortune to engage. In the past nine months, I have been shuffled between Author Services Representatives all..."
- "I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days..."
- "I posted the following review on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/anytime-fitness-alpharetta?hrid=2_4K_qenr1WTPQqRwcUk6A and was subsequently banned from their facility. Prior to leaving this review, I addressed my issue with CarolAnn Fitzpatrick (co-owner) over 2 months..."