Loss Prevention Issue with Wells Fargo
3 of my family members were killed over the holidays.Many of the checks for beneficiary benefits were being drafted from comapanies who bank with Wells Fargo.
My cousin and I opened a new "joint account" so checks in either of our names can be deposited and used to for final expenses. We've deposited over $40K in the past 4 month, all checks from major companies. Since I've had a Wells Fargo account for over 17 years, they've cleared within one business day without a problem. Most recently a check was deposited for $21k made payable to my younger cousin.
The check was endorsed and deposited into our joint account. Per my cousin knwoledge, the funds were xfer online into my personal account for me to manage and take care of financial matters. When I went into a branch to withdraw $10k to finalize burial expenses, the service managed contacted Loss Prevention and had them place a referral on my account stating " there appears to be suspicious activity between my accounts". This was my first time using this branch and they were extremely rude and accusatory.
After faxing over a " Release and Hold Harmless" document that my cousin had to sign and get notarized- in addition to faxing over all legal documents and statement verifying and approving all transaction were legit. This occured over 10 days ago and they still have all of fund frozen!!! Every account I have with Wells Fargo has been frozen at this point. I am being charged interest for loans taken out for my family burial because of this issue.Wells Fargo's internal processes are crappy- No one can ever get in contact with the LP agent working my file and their is no sense of urgency in anything.
When you voice your concern, they transfer you to an executive office that can not offer ANY resolution.I am so flustered!It's already hard enough dealing with out loss but to have our money held captive is just down right WRONG!1173ce07 review #403351
You may also like
- "This company is horrible and should be investigated for breaking the laws when it comes to consumers money. I used them for my 2015 taxes and they held my money..."
- "This is all I have to say, just a great picture! lies and more lies, they ride the edge of honesty and dishonest. you would think that the banks would..."
- "This is the new name GE Capital Retail Bank is changing there name to SYNCHRONY . This is the fourth time they have changed there name. They used to be..."
- "I don't know if MagicJack is real business. I buy MagicJack in 2014. It is primitive and have very bad phone service. They have not included real customer service. No phone number to..."
- "HMS sent an uninsured HVAC Apprentice (Carlos) to my daughter's house. He wanted to replace the inside unit of her heat pump, and didn't bother to "diagnose" the outside. The..."
- "I toolk an original oil painting worth $100 to hobby lobby to be framed. I told the framer it was an oil painting and could not be touched on..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "The Riverdale City Hall GA, is where I walk daily. Upon arriving there I attempted to park into a parking spot. My car jump (accelerated) forward, jumping the curve and..."
- "Long story short: LEMON Bought a 2006 Mini Convertible with 30,000 miles. It now has 59,188. It's been in for repairs, sometimes for up to a month, over 15 times...."