Wells Fargo - Adding insult to injury
On 1 January 2014 I made a mortgage transfer and several paid several online bills using their website. All the transactions I made were double-billed, meaning two payments were withdrawn for each payment. Online bill payments and transfers are made though different web pages, which indicated a technical problem on the bank’s part. The bill payments were fixed the same day; however, the mortgage transfer was another matter. I called customer service the same day (Jan. 1) and was told they could not reverse the transfer, but the mortgage services could, so they transferred me to that number. The customer service representative did not tell me the mortgage service department was closed for the holiday before transferring me.
I called the mortgage service department on Jan. 2 and was told the payment could not be reversed until the payment had been posted, which would take approximately 24-48 hours. On Jan. 3 I called and was told the payment had been posted, but it would require a “work order” to reverse the payment, and it would be approximately five business days before that could even begin. By this time my checking account was overdrawn because of the additional withdrawl. The following day (Jan. 4) my account was charged an overdraft fee. I called mortgage services on Monday the 6th and was told the payment would “probably” be returned to my account by Friday the 10th as the soonest. I informed the customer service representative that my account was now overdrawn because of this, had been assessed an overdraft fee, and could not make any bill payments until the funds were returned. The operator’s reply was, “That sounds like a real bummer.” If I wanted the overdraft fee cancelled, she told me, I would have to print a copy of my checking account transactions and mail it to customer service. The fee would be cancelled if the bank were “willing” to do so. In the meantime I would have to wait for the funds to be returned.
Today, Jan. 6, I was assessed another (second) overdraft fee by Wells Fargo. I have never experienced such callous and incompetent customer service in my life. How is it possible for me to make an immediate transfer to a bank, but for a bank to take 10 days to transfer the funds back to a customer, particularly to correct a mistake of their own making? I can only infer that customers only matter when it comes to getting money FROM them. I’m equally dismayed at the bank continuing to assess a customer overdraft fees for a bank error, particularly when there is a record (they keep electronic records of all phone calls customers make to customer service) that the customer has repeatedly brought the matter to Wells Fargo’s attention.
Here is where I stand as of today. The transfer still has not been returned to my account after six days, I have been assessed two overdraft fees, and I am unable to pay any bills. This is Wells Fargo banking.review #469383
You may also like
- "Last year I met a guy at a business mixer who chatted with me for a minute or two and then immediately asked me if i was looking for work..."
- "We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that..."
- "Do you have information about a Ocwen that you think has violated federal consumer financial laws? Are you a current or former employee of such a company, an industry insider..."
- "My family was scheduled for a 3:20 session, we waited 30-45 minutes for session to begin. My daughter had on what I had chose for her TI wear for pictures,..."
- "After more than 30 years of marriage we were able to purchase Thomasville's Fredericksburg dining table and chairs. After about two-three years several of my 8 chair backs have..."
- "We have 3 crane toilets and 2 out of the 3 tanks have spontaneously ruptured in the the past year with the most recent one in August while we were..."
- "I really hate to admit this, because normally I am a very peaceful person, but the commercial for American Freight Furniture brings out the anger in me like nothing else!!..."
- "My mother and I visited an Applebee's in Covington,VA. Upon being seated at a booth, I immediately noticed how nasty no flifthy the booths were. The fabric on the..."
- "My internet went out. They sent someone to fix it. He ran a big black cable wire from my ceiling, down my wall to an outlet. After he..."