Wells Fargo - Adding insult to injury
On 1 January 2014 I made a mortgage transfer and several paid several online bills using their website. All the transactions I made were double-billed, meaning two payments were withdrawn for each payment. Online bill payments and transfers are made though different web pages, which indicated a technical problem on the bank’s part. The bill payments were fixed the same day; however, the mortgage transfer was another matter. I called customer service the same day (Jan. 1) and was told they could not reverse the transfer, but the mortgage services could, so they transferred me to that number. The customer service representative did not tell me the mortgage service department was closed for the holiday before transferring me.
I called the mortgage service department on Jan. 2 and was told the payment could not be reversed until the payment had been posted, which would take approximately 24-48 hours. On Jan. 3 I called and was told the payment had been posted, but it would require a “work order” to reverse the payment, and it would be approximately five business days before that could even begin. By this time my checking account was overdrawn because of the additional withdrawl. The following day (Jan. 4) my account was charged an overdraft fee. I called mortgage services on Monday the 6th and was told the payment would “probably” be returned to my account by Friday the 10th as the soonest. I informed the customer service representative that my account was now overdrawn because of this, had been assessed an overdraft fee, and could not make any bill payments until the funds were returned. The operator’s reply was, “That sounds like a real bummer.” If I wanted the overdraft fee cancelled, she told me, I would have to print a copy of my checking account transactions and mail it to customer service. The fee would be cancelled if the bank were “willing” to do so. In the meantime I would have to wait for the funds to be returned.
Today, Jan. 6, I was assessed another (second) overdraft fee by Wells Fargo. I have never experienced such callous and incompetent customer service in my life. How is it possible for me to make an immediate transfer to a bank, but for a bank to take 10 days to transfer the funds back to a customer, particularly to correct a mistake of their own making? I can only infer that customers only matter when it comes to getting money FROM them. I’m equally dismayed at the bank continuing to assess a customer overdraft fees for a bank error, particularly when there is a record (they keep electronic records of all phone calls customers make to customer service) that the customer has repeatedly brought the matter to Wells Fargo’s attention.
Here is where I stand as of today. The transfer still has not been returned to my account after six days, I have been assessed two overdraft fees, and I am unable to pay any bills. This is Wells Fargo banking.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Internet browser click to OneSmartPenny.com redirected to TheEasyLoanSite.com, then I clicked "Check out your credit report to ensure you know what your lenders will see, Get Your Free Updated Credit..."
- "I needed money for my business to make it thorough the slow season so I was approached by some funding guys as they call themselves yes they work at a..."
- "The "fine print" on the website stating that the $1 report will turn into a full membership after 7 days is not connected in anyway to the marketing headlines. There..."
- "On Feb 27th i went to Ashley's furniture in Lubbock texas and purchased there 14 piece special....I was told by the sales man it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery..."
- "Recliners started to fall apart after 6 months. We had extra warranty from store it took them over a month to replace the rocker part of on recliner because..."
- "This company is awful. My boyfriend ordered me a skirt from here a few weeks ago. He was told it'd take 6-10business days to arrive.when it didn't he contacted them..."
- "Office of the Board of Police Commissioners. Third floor of Police Headquarters, 300 Congress Street Bridgeport, Connecticut. Re: Second Step Barros Hearing. first I would like to say thank you for having..."
- "I asked for the Halloween burger and they gave me a regular whopper then when I took it back they said it was limited time only.....HOW LIMITED ITS THE ***..."
- "In April of this year I ordered. A Seal Skin Supreme Touring cover for my Harley. invoice id 100026560 and paid through Pay.Pal. After 90 days the outer covering turned..."